Rates Supervisor - [Archived Advertisement]
Randwick City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Position Number: F2018/00083
Permanent full time (35 hours per week)
Salary: $81,362 – $89,494 pa + 9.5% super
- Innovative eastern suburbs local Council
- Good work/life balance with a 9-day fortnight
- Broaden your local government finance experience
Randwick City Council is seeking a qualified and experienced team leader to join the Financial Operations department to effectively manage the day to day operations of the rates team in a vibrant and progressive local government environment.
As the 2IC to the Coordinator Revenue, this role is responsible for accurately coordinating the issue and collection of rates revenue, while providing a high level of customer service to the public and the organisation. This role supervises and mentors a small team of Rates Officers.
We are seeking a motivated professional that will be able to contribute the right combination of accounting and technical experience in local government rating and team leadership skills. In return you will join a friendly workplace with flexible working hours, generous learning and development opportunities, wellness programs, and staff social events.
To be considered for this position you will need to possess the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in accounting, local government rating, land valuations and debt recovery
- Staff management skills and the ability to achieve results from the team
- High level computer literacy including accounting systems
- Proven communication, interpersonal, research and reconciliation skills
- Thorough knowledge of the Local Government Act and related regulations
A full list of the essential and desirable criteria is contained in the position description and must be addressed in your application.
If you are interested to share your relevant work experience with a new team at a financially sustainable Council, we would be keen to hear form you!
Further information: Visit www.randwick.nsw.gov.au to view the position description or contact Ms Cherie Muir, Coordinator Revenue, on 02 9093 6844.
Closing date: Wednesday 14 February 2018.
- Closing Date:
- 14 Feb 2018
- NSW - Randwick
- $81,362 - $89,494 pa + 9.5% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Account and Relationship Management