Ambulance Victoria (AV) is seeking an experienced Accounts Receivable Collections Manager to join our Financial Transactional Services Department. This is a full time, fixed term position for 12 months with the Accounts Receivable team based in Ballarat, however the base location of the role is flexible due to Work from home / Covid 19 requirements.
The key purpose of the role is to manage the Accounts Receivable and Collections function together with contractual performance for debt collection service of Ambulance Victoria for the timely, efficient and compliant recovery of revenue, meeting service delivery and regulatory obligations.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager Financial Transactional Services, the main duties of the role include (but are not limited to):
- Manage and lead the Accounts Receivable team responsible for service delivery and outputs impacting AV's revenue recovery capabilities.
- Oversee the Accounts Receivable Collections functions and processes, ensuring performance standards, compliance, audit requirements and defined targets are met, while developing solutions to any major concerns with revenue recovery and seeking to improve performance.
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring across the team, fostering a culture of professional development, leadership and continuous improvement.
- Regularly monitor and assess performance, conduct performance review meetings address performance gaps, develop learning plans.
- Ensure regular personnel development engagement inclusive of staff meetings, discussions and planning, together with individual and team performance reviews, and team building sessions
- Analyse transactional volumes and work trends across the Accounts Receivable Collections team to identify ongoing improvement opportunities and optimisation and provide routine ad-hoc performance reporting against defined KPIs, dashboard measures that meet statutory and regulatory requirements
To be successful in this position you will have solid experience in a Billing/Accounts Receivable function within a healthcare or government organisation supported by a post graduate degree in accounting, finance or related business management. You will have proven ability to perform strategic planning and priority setting for a collection department, strong leadership skills with an ability to motivate direct reports and proven experience in managing and leading teams. Strong negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills is essential. In addition, you will have excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to multitask and introduce improvement initiatives.
What's in it for you?
As a valued member of AV you will enjoy a professional working environment that recognises the importance of work/life balance. We offer salary packaging options, generous personal leave entitlements, accrued days off for full time roles, and other benefits including free on-site parking.
We believe our people are our greatest resource and the sustainability of our workforce depends on how well we utilise our people's skills and abilities and whether our staffing reflects the diversity of the Victorian community. If you're ready to play an integral role and deliver results that help make a real difference, we want to hear from you!
The successful candidate must have a current Victorian Driver's License and be willing to travel throughout metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria when required.
Successful applicants will need to complete a Police Check.
AV has introduced salary bands and this position is graded at AV 5. The AV grade salary for this position is $116,916 plus 9.5% superannuation.
How to apply
Applicants are requested to address the selection criteria detailed in the position description and to read the document ‘Applying for a position with Ambulance Victoria' on our careers page. For any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 03 9840 3653.
Your application will form an integral part of the selection process and should be of a high quality including:
- A covering letter
- A resume
- A document addressing the selection criteria detailed on the last page of the position description
We request that your application for the Accounts Receivable Collections Manager position is forwarded by Sunday, 14 June 2020 by clicking on ‘Apply online'.
Applications must be submitted via the AV Careers Centre website https://careers.ambulance.vic.gov.au/ to be considered.
Our diverse and inclusive workforce allows us to deliver the Best Care to the Victorian community, and helps create a healthier, more productive workplace for our people.
"Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position"