Wesley College Melbourne, a Uniting Church school with a rich tradition spanning 152 years, is a diverse, dynamic, coeducational learning community with more than 3,300 students aged between 3 and 18 years across three main campuses.
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Senior Payroll Officer to be jointly responsible for the timely and accurate processing of the payroll for all staff of Wesley College (the College), including both fortnightly (approximately 400 employees) and monthly (approximately 900 employees), and all associated administrative tasks.
In addition to the core joint accountabilities of the Payroll team, the Senior Payroll Officer is responsible for;
- participating in the review of payroll systems, software and processes to improve efficiency, functionality and flexibility
- producing timely and accurate management reports, both routine, and ad hoc as required
- maintaining and leading the completion of identified key processes (eg. FBT, superannuation interface, salary packaging, end of year and audit processes) as required
- analysing and resolving complex payroll calculations and queries
- assisting with the checking, quality control and maintenance of records to ensure accuracy, service quality and data integrity
- keeping up to date with legislative and award changes that may impact on the operation of the payroll
- working collaboratively with Finance and Human Resources employees to ensure the effective operation of payroll processes
- acting in the capacity of the Payroll Team Leader role during periods of absence
This part time (0.80FTE) and ongoing position is based on St Kilda Road and available for immediate commencement.
We are looking for a Senior Payroll Officer with 5 + years payroll experience, preferably within a high volume environment or a business. You will have demonstrated your ability to add value to your existing employer through innovative solutions to daily problems faced by payroll teams. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are essential, as is a positive, resilient attitude.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Thursday 15 March 2018.
Please note that applications will be considered upon arrival and that interviews may commence prior to the closing date.
Wesley College is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the School's Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct. Applicants will be required to undergo police and background checks in accordance with this policy