Payroll Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Haileybury (View other jobs from this organisation)
Haileybury is one of the leading schools in the Asia-Pacific region with campuses and programs across Melbourne, Darwin and China. The School is acclaimed for its outstanding academic achievements, small class sizes, broad range of co-curricular activities and international opportunities.
We have a great opportunity for a Payroll Officer to join our team to provide support and cover to our Payroll Manager, ensuring that data is accurate in order to process the fortnightly and monthly pay runs.
- Preparation of the fortnightly and monthly end to end payroll including general ledger and reporting.
- Liaise with staff and stakeholders in relation to payroll and system queries and take ownership for management of the Payroll inbox.
- Ensure that HR and payroll data is accurately processed to avoid payroll. errors, and act as the conduit between HR and Finance on all Payroll procedures.
- Calculation of termination payments, including academic staff leave payments using tailored calculators, and redundancies and long service leave.
- Follow up and processing of timesheets for both casual employees and those eligible for overtime.
- Assist the Payroll Manager in documenting payroll processes.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience in a busy Payroll environment.
- Payroll and current ATO legislation knowledge highly desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to problem solve, and prioritise important projects including the ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong telephone, email and one-on-one communication skills.
- Preceda experience highly desirable.
- High attention to detail.
- Able to show initiative within a team environment.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills and experience with Sharepoint.
- An understanding of the need for complete commitment to confidentiality.
- Ability to form a rapport with staff and build collaborative working relationships.
- Must hold a current employee Working With Children Check.
Benefits of working at Haileybury
- Highly competitive salary plus 11% Superannuation.
- State of the Art facilities and programs.
- Voted Best Professional Learning Program in Australia 2019.
- Interstate and international opportunities.
- Supportive & innovative leadership.
On top of a competitive salary and a great location, Haileybury offers a flexible, diverse & inclusive workforce. We’re focused on embracing change and celebrating & nurturing our people.
To apply for this position, please click the link on this job advert to send your CV to our Talent Acquisition Team.
We are not receiving applications from agencies.
Please note that you must have full working rights to apply.
Haileybury is committed to a Child Safe school environment and we have extensive recruitment and screening processes in place.
- Closing Date:
- 08 Mar 2021
- VIC - Keysborough
- Work Type:
- Full Time