- High profile program of projects
- Full time, fixed term – initial employment arrangement of 12 months
- Convenient CBD location
The Organisational Change Manager will work across a portfolio of projects delivering transformational change with the primary objective of the role being to help the Bank adopt change and sustain it to realise business outcomes. We are looking for a change specialist with broad ranging experience from strategy development to hands-on execution across large scale business transformation programs and performance improvement initiatives.
- Develop and implement change management strategies that maximise change adoption to achieve desired operational and cultural objectives.
- Conduct impact assessments, readiness assessments, evaluate results and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner.
- Provide holistic change management ensuring the future state of the Bank is incorporated into initiative design and delivery, supporting organisation design and the definition of roles and responsibilities.
- Assess the change readiness of the Bank and its departments in order to develop the best change and communication approach and interventions.
- Drive communication strategy and efforts through the design, development and delivery stages of each project.
- Identify training needs and support training by providing input, documenting requirements and supporting the design and intended outcomes of the change programs.
- Pro-actively integrate change management and communications activities into project plan.
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Bring change thought leadership to leaders to drive a continuous improvement philosophy and sustainable environment for high speed change.
To excel in this role you will have a strong track record of at least 7 years of direct change management experience on large scale organisational change efforts. You will be a senior change practitioner, able to build strong relationships and deliver superior results in tight timeframes.
Essential role criteria includes:
- A Change Management Certification and tertiary qualifications in business or a related discipline.
- Advanced understanding and implementation of change management methodologies and frameworks
- Proven success in delivering great change programs within complex organisations (across multiple business units)
- Be highly organised with strong planning skills - coordinating, planning and executing activities across concurrent projects
- Be experienced in delivering change in a high change environment and managing challenging stakeholder groups
- Experience in documenting and updating business process flows
Your application should include a resume detailing your experience and qualifications. A supporting statement addressing the selection criteria would also be welcomed.
Applications close Wednesday, 26 July 2017.
The Reserve Bank of Australia pursues national economic policy objectives and undertakes a range of associated activities in financial markets and banking. It also issues Australia's banknotes and operates infrastructure critical to the payments system. Those who are involved in the activities of the Bank have an important role to play in achieving these objectives, whether directly or in a supporting role.
Our core values are promotion of the public interest, integrity, excellence, intelligent inquiry and respect.
The Reserve Bank of Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage applications from experienced candidates seeking workplace flexibility.