- Fast paced and dynamic environment
- Join a team focused on remaining at the forefront of technology
- Be part of Australia’s Central Bank that serves Australia’s public interest
We are currently seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to join our Infrastructure Services team to provide support, service delivery and proactive maintenance of key operating systems, platform systems, and virtualisation systems to enable business critical applications with a particular focus on the Bank’s payments and Banking Systems.
As part of the team you will:
- Provide technical support to achieve effective implementation of server hardware and system software including virtualised infrastructures.
- Ensure the provisioning, upgrading, capacity planning, and performance testing of server operating system environments.
- Contribute towards maximising the availability of systems minimising the impact of component failures.
- Maintain a service approach towards systems infrastructure - participate in a 2nd line incident response capability for infrastructure system operational issues and establish strong processes in line with industry standards.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and capability:
- You must have strong knowledge of the Window Server operating system.
- Strong knowledge of virtualisation technologies (VMware).
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Solid experience in the support of server hardware and operating systems.
- Previous experience with server vulnerability remediation’s with patching deployments
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead innovations and technical improvements.
- Experience in writing policies and procedures and other support documentation.
- Ability to organise and prioritise multiple tasks.
What’s on offer?
- Work for an organisation that truly makes a difference to the Australian people
- Develop your career in a collaborative environment
- Access to a wide-range of benefits
- The opportunity to work flexibly from home
- Working hours will be a starting time of 7am or late finish of 7pm, as well as weekend overtime
- You will be required to be on call
About the RBA
The Reserve Bank of Australia pursues national economic policy objectives and undertakes a range of associated activities in financial markets and banking. It also issues Australia's banknotes and operates infrastructure critical to the payments system.
How to Apply
Your application should include a resume detailing your experience and qualifications. A supporting statement addressing the selection criteria would also be welcomed.
The Reserve Bank of Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage applications from experienced candidates seeking workplace flexibility.