Our Information Technology department is looking for a Senior Database Administrator who will be part of our operations team implementing and supporting reliable, secure, high performance database management systems for the Bank’s business applications.
As the Senior Database Administrator you will install and configure database systems, patches and upgrade while also designing and implementing new databases. You will also:
- Monitor and report on database service availability
- Manage the development, testing and production database environments
- Manage and conduct all aspects of capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning of databases
- Continuous improvement of work practices to automate and reduce support practices
- Write documentation and provide progress reports to management
- Contribute to database administration process improvements
Skills and Experience
- Professional level certifications, such as Microsoft SQL Server & Oracle Database
- Experience in administrating databases on SQL Server/Oracle Database platforms
- Advanced understanding of high availability and related database technologies
- Previous database administration experience in a medium to large organisation
- Proven experience with Database Modelling and Data Virtualisation technologies
What’s on offer?
- Work for an organisation that truly makes a difference to the Australian people
- Develop your career in a collaborative environment
- Access to a wide-range of benefits
- Work collaboratively with other database administrators and technical teams
About the RBA
The Reserve Bank of Australia pursues national economic policy objectives and undertakes a range of associated activities in financial markets and banking. It also issues Australia's banknotes and operates infrastructure critical to the payments system.
How to Apply
Your application should include a resume detailing your experience and qualifications. A supporting statement addressing the selection criteria would also be welcomed.
The Reserve Bank of Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage applications from experienced candidates seeking workplace flexibility.