- Do you have experience integrating in-house developed and 3rd Party Add-Ins with MS Office?
- Are you passionate about developing solutions that improve customer productivity?
- Join RBA’s Infrastructure Services team that has a strong focus on new technology within end-user services
- Opportunity to work with transition to Office 365
- This role is offered on a 24 month contract
RBA’s Information Technology Department plays a key function within the Bank to transform and develop the core IT functions that support the Reserve Bank’s policy, operational and corporate objectives. The department prides itself in setting benchmarks with the use of leading edge technologies.
We are currently looking for a Senior Desktop Engineer who specialises in Microsoft Office Integration to join the Infrastructure Services Team. Within this role you will be part of a big change in the way the Bank is currently using Microsoft Office. Ideally you will be a developer in the desktop space with experience with macros, add-ins and templates, and be responsible for the integration of various systems with Microsoft Office. You will be part of a dynamic team and have opportunities to develop yourself and your career.
As part of the team you will:
- Integrate in-house developed and 3rd party applications and add-ins with the MS Office suite
- Sit within the desktop team and package/repackage desktop software for installation with SCCM or other methods
- Undertake problem diagnoses, correction and escalated support of Microsoft and desktop application technologies across the Bank
- Facilitate the quality assurance and testing of desktop application installations and deployment of established criteria
- Monitor new releases and patches to desktop applications and making recommendations on implementation and testing strategies
- Set up and maintain an effective testing environment and test changes to production desktops in a controlled environment
- Develop policies, procedures and other documentation required to support the Microsoft desktop environment
The successful applicant will have the following skills and capability:
- Developer background in the Desktop computing space
- Experience with Windows 10 operating system
- Industry accreditations (Microsoft MCSA and MCSE) that have been maintained to current levels; or working towards within 12 months
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft desktop technologies and server application systems
- Extensive knowledge of application packaging and deployment
- Demonstrated experience in the planning, implementation management, configuration and maintenance of Microsoft desktop infrastructure
- Extensive large organisation experience in application packaging and deployment
- History of completing tasks and projects with minimal supervision
Prior experience working with secure information will be regarded.
By joining the RBA, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Work for an organisation that truly makes a difference to the Australian people
- Develop your career in a collaborative environment
- Access to a wide-range of benefits
About the RBA
The Reserve Bank of Australia pursues national economic policy objectives and undertakes a range of associated activities in financial markets and banking. It also issues Australia's banknotes and operates infrastructure critical to the payments system.
How to Apply
Your application should include a resume detailing your experience and qualifications. A supporting statement addressing the selection criteria would also be welcomed.
The Reserve Bank of Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage applications from experienced candidates seeking workplace flexibility.