We have an opportunity for a qualified and experienced individual to be an integral part of the finance team within Banyule City Council. Your experience of revenue and debtor management on a senior level will make you a desirable candidate. The Revenue services team administers rates, accounts receivable, receipting, and special rates and charges.
In this role you will engage with your dynamic team and encourage a positive work environment. You will ensure that revenue due to Council is effectively and efficiently identified, billed, collected and brought into account in compliance with Council’s requirements and best practice.
The team you will lead are enthusiastic and ready to further implement digital technologies into current processes. This team of revenue professionals are well placed to work alongside an agile leader; someone who can motivate and develop their skills to their highest potential and demonstrate the motivation to innovate and drive positive change to best influence work practices.
What you will need to succeed:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business Administration with several years of subsequent relevant revenue services experience. Or, lesser qualifications with extensive experience in a senior revenue management role.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and experience in managing the day-to-day operations of a business unit
- Have the passion to participate and take part in a leadership role in the Departmental Business Plan, budgeting, Performance Development Program, recruitment and selection of staff, and other organisational development initiatives.
- Be able to demonstrate your ability to meet deadlines, manage workflows and work on multiple project concurrently.
- Excellent working knowledge of the rating, voting and special rate provisions of the Local Government Act 1989, State Concessions Act 1986 and the Fire Services property Levy Act 2012 to ensure statutory requirements are met.
We will offer you:
- $91,060.62 - $ 101,592.77 plus super.
- Work-life balance, flexible working arrangements.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- RDO every 4 weeks.
- Located at our beautiful, modern Greensborough office, close to public transport and shops.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the application link or to discuss your suitability, you may contact Tania O’Reilly, Manager Finance & Procurement on 03 9490 4267.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines on our website.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: 14 February 2018
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please note this is a readvertisement of ref:15506 and previous applicants need not apply.