Are you an innovative leader and highly motivated in the promotion of best practice procurement within a large and diverse Organisation?
An opportunity has come about with our Finance and Procurement Unit for a Strategic Procurement Coordinator. Through effecting partnering with business units and sector collaborative opportunities you will drive an innovative and best practice strategic procurement framework across Council.
This role is responsible for:
- Leading and coordinating strategic procurement across all areas of the Organisation
- Representing council in sector opportunities for collaborative procurement
- The development and management of best practice procurement and contract documentation, tender evaluation and purchasing
- The implementation of and compliance with Procurement policies, procedures and systems and ensuring Council meets all its statutory obligations
- Leading, motivating and developing a small team
What we are looking for from you:
- Tertiary qualifications in procurement with several years of procurement experience. or, lesser qualifications with extensive experience in a senior procurement and contracts role
- Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate with senior management
- Substantial experience in leading and motivating a professional team
- Extensive knowledge of the public tendering process and evaluation, contract management and administration
- Substantial knowledge of relevant legislation, the principles and application of contract and consumer law and
- Sound analytical and investigative skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work under pressure
Company Culture - Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
What we can offer:
- Salary range $111,727.85 - $124,871.11 plus super
- Permanent full time & a monthly RDO
- Great work environment, modern office, close to public transport, shops and cafes
- Greensborough location
- Access to learning and development opportunities including and health and wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible work arrangements
If this sounds like the job for you we would like to know more about you.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, you may contact Tania O'Reilly, Manager Finance and Procurement on 03 9490 4267 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Please note: A psychometric assessment will be part of the selection process after interviews.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Sunday 14 March 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.