- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city Councils
- $73K - $83K + Super
- Permanent position with access to a Fortnightly RDO
Moreland is a vibrant and energetic place, highly regarded for its cosmopolitan community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops, scenic bike paths and its community of artists and creative industries. A progressive council with 180,000 residents, Moreland is proud of its diversity and its ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. With its Civic Centre located in Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at their doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland City Council here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to, and engagement with, their community.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Payroll Officer to join the Human Resources team. You will be an important part of the team processing fortnightly payroll of approximately 1,000+ employees. This role involves end to end payroll processing for staff and ensuring information processed is in accordance with legislative requirements and Council’s policies and procedures.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Process end to end payroll in a timely manner across a fortnightly cycle
- Administer Masterfile changes e.g.; rate changes, FTE, allowances and deductions
- Processing of new starters and termination paperwork
- Ensure payroll records are accurate and representative of entitlements and conditions
- Review accuracy of timesheet calculations in Kronos
- Investigate and resolve payroll queries in a timely manner
- Ensure all confidentialities are assured in all matters pertaining to Payroll and Personnel
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Demonstrated prior experience in high volume (500+) payroll
- Kronos experience would be an advantage but not necessary
- Proficient computer literacy and ability to learn systems with ease
- The ability to prioritise and work to strict deadlines
- The ability to provide a high level of customer service
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy with a focus on numeracy
- The ability to interpret Enterprise Agreement and operate within fast paced environment
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Fortnightly RDO
- Active Social Club
- Salary sacrifice options
For further information or a confidential conversation, please contact Sandra Pedro on 9240 2232 or to apply online, go to Careers at Moreland at https://erecruit1.mercury.com.au/MorelandCity/
Applications close: 5pm, 15 June 2020.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.