- Awarded Australia’s Major Tourism Attraction (Sydney)
- Full time (38 hours per week) Ongoing position
- Taronga Conservation Society Australia Salaried Employees Award (Clerk Grade 3/4 $68,929 -$75,476 base salary plus superannuation and leave loading)
- Location – Sydney
Looking for a experienced, driven and motivated Senior Finance Officer
who is interested in joining a leading organisation in conservation, animal management and offers amazing visitor experiences. About the role…
The Senior Finance Officer provides accounting support to the Finance Team across both Taronga and Taronga Western Plains Zoo. The Senior Finance Officer reports to the Financial Accounting Manager in the Corporate Services and Governance Division.
The key accountabilities for the role include:
- Reconciliation of high volume bank transactions and other general ledgers are carried out accurately and within agreed timeframes.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies in daily cash receipts, credit card settlements through engagement with Taronga’s operation managers and Bank.
- Present weekly updates to Manager Finance regarding position of bank accounts.
- Investigate Bank and other key ledger reconciliations on a daily basis and provide clarity in processed transactions.
- Complete Monthly/Quarterly reconciliations for assigned balance sheet accounts.
- Comply with Taronga’s Customer Service Charter and suggest initiatives for further improvement to ensure industry leading standards are maintained.
- Comply with and suggest sustainability practices in the workplace to help achieve Taronga’s sustainability targets and reduce environmental impact.
- Comply with and report any Work, Health and Safety incidents in line with Taronga’s Work, Health and Safety Charter.
Taronga Zoo officially opened in October 1916, we believe in a shared future for Wildlife and People. Taronga is working in partnership with wildlife conservation organizations and communities to develop ways to protect species and habitats. Taronga. For the Wild! About applying…
Please ensure that you attach a current version of your resume and address the above key accountabilities in a cover letter no more than two pages. You are also required to complete the two target questions and provide supporting evidence as part of your application.
Applications must be completed via http://www.jobs.nsw.gov.au/
using the reference number 00005GUA
or searching the word Taronga. For more information in relation to the vacant position please contact Emma Roberts on firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone (02) 9978 4662.
To review a copy of the role description, please visit the careers page of the Taronga website http://www.taronga.org.au Applications close: 13^th October 2017