- Awarded Australia’s Major Tourism Attraction (Sydney)
- Maternity Leave Cover - up to 12 months contract. Full Time
- Taronga Conservation Society Australia Salaried Employees Award (Clerk Grade 12 - $135,045 - $140,996 base plus superannuation and annual leave loading)
- Located at Taronga Zoo, Mosman
Looking to create a shared sustainable future for people and animals?
Taronga is looking for an experienced, driven and motivated Manager, Finance who is interested in joining a leading organisation in conservation, animal management and offers amazing visitor experiences. About us…
Taronga Zoo officially opened in October 1916, we believe in a shared future for Wildlife and People. Taronga is working in partnership with wildlife conservation organizations and communities to develop ways to protect species and habitats. Taronga. For the Wild!
Our employees enjoy generous employment conditions including:
• Complimentary family and friends passes
• A wide range of discounts on our award winning accommodation
• Discounted food and beverage purchases across the site
• Reduced rates for other services including animal encounters
• To discover more about the benefits of working at Taronga, please visit our website here: https://taronga.org.au/about-us/careers/working-here/working-zoo-so-much-more-just-job
We value diversity…
Taronga is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our existing workforce – be it on the basis of gender, age, culture, religion, language or personal circumstances.
Taronga is also committed to building on the perspectives, experience, knowledge and skills that this diversity brings to the organisation.
Taronga provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, disabled people and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
About the role…
The successful individual will demonstrate the following key accountabilities.
• Timely and accurate production of all internal, external and statutory reporting requirements including regular financial reporting to Taronga Executive and Board, and OEH and NSW Treasury
• Manage the respective audit processes and liaise with the Audit Office of NSW and Taronga Internal Auditors
• Oversee the annual budget process including liaison with Divisional Directors and finalisation of agreed budget
• Manage the completion of longer term financial forecasts and related narrative for Statement of Business Intent, the business plan agreement with NSW Treasury, OEH, and Taronga
• Support operational managers and Taronga Executive in delivery of key projects through business analysis and financial management advice
• Champion the implementation of business systems improvements and work with cross-functional teams to deliver improved systems and processes utilising new technology
• Review and improve internal controls across both zoo operations and new business areas including the establishment and revision of procedures and related change management
• Manage the Finance team by providing clear goals and objectives for performance and service to ensure team objectives are met and direction to improve performance as required. This includes the development of staff through identification of individual and team training needs, development and implementation of appropriate development activities, effective communication, motivation and coaching to ensure maximum potential is achieved.
We are looking for candidates that have:
• CA or CPA qualification with extensive post qualification experience and achievement
• Demonstrated experience in managing a finance team and working with integrated business systems
• Good knowledge of accounting standards, taxation obligations and other relevant legislative requirements
• A willingness to obtain and maintain a current volunteer NSW Working with Children Check
Please submit your resume and a cover letter of one page. You are also required to complete the two target questions as part of your application.
1. You and your team have completed the first reforecast for the current financial year – revenue is significantly down and much of the forecast expenditure is committed and not easily reduced. Unless action is taken the organisation’s bottom line will be well below budget by year end.
Discuss the steps you would take in response to this situation, using examples from your previous experience where possible.
2. The Finance team is heavily involved with several system implementations involving change in business processes and new integrations to the financial system. In addition there are the usual tight deadlines for month-end and extra requests from auditors, NSW Treasury and the organisation’s Executive.
How do you support the team in this very busy time, especially if your key manager is showing signs of not coping with the pressure? In your response demonstrate how you have managed similar experiences in prior roles.
Applications must be completed via http://www.iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/using the reference number 000063JC or searching the word Taronga. For more information in relation to the vacant position please contact Dani Jones, HR Advisor on 9978 4706 or email@example.com
To review a copy of the role description, please visit the careers page of the Taronga website http://www.taronga.org.au
If you are experiencing technical difficulties in applying, please contact “I work for NSW” support team on 1800 562 679 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 22nd April 2018