- Based at head our office in Footscray
- Varied role with great exposure to the Information Services team
- Applications close 25 September 2017
About the Company
State Trustees is a state government owned company that plays an important role in building awareness and educating the community to protect the legacy and financial affairs of Victorians - we believe every Victorian deserves to live on, that's why we exist.
We have an uncompromisingly client-focused working environment that is supportive, inclusive and team-oriented. We employ approximately 400 people from a range of backgrounds and industries enabling us to provide administration, trustee and estate related services - as well as, the State's community services obligations, for the public benefit, often in circumstances where no other provider will meet their needs.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for someone who has a strong interest in technology and is looking to apply their financial qualification and background to support the Information Services business unit from a systems accounting perspective. This role will support the Information Services leadership team to set and manage budgets, track expenditure, complete cost modelling and develop and run monthly and other ad hoc reports to provide meaningful insights. The IT Finance Analyst will also assist with the coordination of Information Services related procurement activities.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and maintain budget and quarterly forecasts in consultation with Information Services leaders
- Monthly preparation and review of balance sheet reconciliations, accruals and pre-payments
- Process corporate financial information and reports month-end and year-end reporting, including analysis and commentary
- Generate dashboards and reports to track financial performance
- Develop, gather, collate and report on performance metrics
- Monitor and report on all procurement in conjunction with the Procurement team
To be successful you will need to demonstrate the following;
- Tertiary qualification in a finance or business related discipline or equivalent professional experience
- Well-developed communication (verbal and written) and stakeholder management skills
- Experience in procurement, budget and contract management
- Excellent numerical, report writing and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate a broad range of software packages, including advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and other reporting tools
- Experience in dealing with metrics reporting for IT financial management
- Financial systems experience (e.g. Oracle Financials / eBusiness Suite)
Foundation accreditation in ITILv3 and a demonstrated ability to apply financial skills in a creative way will be highly regarded.
How to Apply
Click the Apply button to commence the application process. In your application, please address the "Knowledge, skill and experience requirements" section in the attached Job Specification.
Employment at State Trustees is conditional upon satisfactory Criminal History Check and Anti Money Laundering Check.State Trustees is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to fairness, diversity and respect. As such, State Trustees will respond to requests for reasonable adjustments from applicants with disabilities.State Trustees strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.