- Work at any of our locations - Footscray, Dandenong or Bendigo
- Fixed term full time contract for 12 months
- Provide insight and guidance to our business to help support clients to financial independence
- Applications close 20 January 2020
We are the public trustee of Victoria with a strategic vision to support Victorians in protecting and growing their legacy and financial wellbeing. With a sense of community, we offer critical financial and legal products and services including Will Writing, Powers of Attorney, Executor Services, Trustee Services and Personal Financial Administration.
We are a caring, passionate and united team of 400 people across 3 locations Footscray, Dandenong and Bendigo. We look after more than $2.26 billion in client assets and last financial year generated more than $72 million in revenue.
For more information about State Trustees please visit www.statetrustees.com.au
About the Role
We will be looking for a qualified and experienced Financial Counsellor who will act as an advisor to our business to support and provide insight, guidance and feedback on our current approach regarding how we are to support our clients move away from financial crisis, and towards financial independence.
This role will also see you assess future opportunities to enable what we can do differently to support financial independence for our clients, from the perspective of a financial counsellor.
- Consult with clients to understand their financial needs
- Review and contribute to the design of our Financial Independence Program
- Complete financial health checks for clients and provide recommendations
- Provide guidance to Consultants & Team Leaders to support our clients
- Liaise with stakeholders to achieve the best financial outcomes for clients
Skills and Experience
- Experience in financial counselling
- Diploma of Financial Counselling
- Membership of the Financial and Consumer Rights Council (FCRC)
- Demonstrated ability to prepare commercial standard correspondence, reports and recommendations
- Well-developed professional communication skills (written and spoken)
- Understanding and experience dealing with clients with a disability
- Competent financial literacy
We offer a range of employee benefits including:
- Career development
- Health and well-being programs
- Flexible working conditions
- Education assistance
- Purchased leave
- Employee assistance program
- Reward and recognition program
- Free Will preparation
- Retailer discounts
- Charitable workplace giving
- Employee social club
For our clients, our people and the Victorian community, we demonstrate Care, Unity, Passion - we are here, we work together, and we bring our best.
How to Apply
If you're keen to join our organisation in this highly transparent and rewarding role, click Apply to start the application process. In your application ensure you include a cover letter and resume. You will not need to address the Key Selection Criteria (KSC) as part of the application process, please skip this part when making your application.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to fairness, diversity and respect and will respond to requests for reasonable adjustments from applicants with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.