- Permanent, full time
- Circa $113k + super
- Located in Preston, onsite parking, nearby public transport options
About City of Darebin and Council
Darebin is home to one of the most diverse communities in Victoria in terms of culture, language (more than 118 languages are spoken), ethnicity, faith and beliefs, gender, age, ability, sexuality, gender identity, class, socio-economic status, income, education level, occupation and caring responsibility.
About the Role
Provide business advisory support to Council’s various service units in the area of financial reporting, analysis and interpretation of results. Ensure that Council meets all of its statutory obligations in respect of budgeting and reporting. Ensure that budgeting is carried out within a longer-term framework with the key objective of sustainability. Manage and lead staff to ensure that services are provided in a timely and professional manner and in accordance with best practice standards.
View the position description.
- Manage, lead and develop accounting staff to achieve their business support responsibilities
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial reports
- Coordinate preparation of the annual budget and assist the Manager Finance in preparing the budget report to Council
- Contribute to the annual preparation of the long-term financial plan
- Support the Financial Accountant in the preparation of the Annual Financial Statements, Grants Commission return and other statutory returns
Skills & Experience
- Business degree or similar tertiary qualification
- Qualified Certified Practising Accounting or Chartered Accountant
- Substantial demonstrated experience in an accounting environment
- Substantial experience with relevant financial systems (e.g. Computron, PowerBudget)
- Thorough knowledge of current budgeting and reporting practices
- Experience in providing training to large groups of staff using electronic visual aids
Joining Darebin, you will work for an organisation that proudly values respect, social inclusion, and making a difference to our community.
- Work to support local community
- Green travel incentives, onsite parking
- Training and development opportunities
How to Apply
Start your application by clicking ‘Apply now'. Candidates must provide a resume, and those who wish to address the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description may do so in their cover letter. People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background are encouraged to apply.
Contact Damian Hogan, Manager Finance on 8470 8619 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close on Sunday, 5 July 2020 at 11.30pm.
The City of Darebin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organisation, or other non-merit factors. Darebin is committed to providing a safe and inclusive working environment that embraces and values child safety, and thorough ‘Safety Screening’ processes apply.