Director Finance and Commercial Services - [Archived Advertisement]
Judith Carpenter & Associates (View other jobs from this organisation)
Director Finance and Commercial Services
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Strong commercial focus
- 5 year contract
Cumberland City Council is a successfully amalgamated Council poised to realise significant success. Located 20 kilometres west of the CBD, the LGA is heavily urbanised with major rail and road infrastructure, has an exciting multi-cultural population and a strong manufacturing base. Despite its urbanisation, the LGA lies between two major catchments, the Georges River and Parramatta River and is home to bushland, parks and reserves.
Council is now seeking to appoint a Director of Finance and Commercial Services who will support Council’s complex service delivery and optimise opportunities for revenue growth. Reporting to the General Manager, and working collaboratively with the Executive Team and across Council, as Director you will:
- lead and inspire an energetic and committed team of professionals;
- drive business process improvement initiatives in the areas of budgeting, procurement and strategic asset management;
- optimise commercial returns from Council’s large property portfolio;
- manage the sustainability and growth of Council’s Education and Care Centres; and,
- monitor and report on Council’s budget and provide timely financial and commercial advice to Council and the Executive Team.
With CPA qualifications, relevant tertiary qualifications and experience within the Local Government Sector, you will be energetic and outcomes focused, bringing exceptional stakeholder engagement skills. Your experience will include financial leadership, long-term financial planning and deep experience in property negotiations, commercial property acquisition and management. A strong can-do attitude is critical together with high-level communication skills and a robust solutions focus. You will have a demonstrated record in successfully leading teams through change.
Closing date: Monday 16th May, 2022
- Closing Date:
- 16 May 2022
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Analysis and Reporting
Change Management/HR/Organisational Development
Public Financial Management (PFM).