Heritage Bank is Australia's largest customer owned bank. We are proudly committed to our mutual status, member service ethos and strong record of supporting the communities we operate in. We are passionate about helping people, that defines the way we do business, both with our customers and our staff. The Head of Payments is pivotal in providing alignment of the Heritage Bank strategy to the innovative payment business stream.
Heritage is seeking the expertise of a proven subject matter expert to lead the Payments function, to actively comply with legislative and regulatory changes whilst continuing to explore the evolving needs of the payments industry.
Reporting through to the Chief Operating Officer, the key accountabilities of this position will be to:
- Develop the strategic road map for the Payments business.
- Engage and collaborate to build strategies and plans, to achieve the strategic outcomes of the bank.
- Manage all aspects of the Banks payments business stream including compliance, legislative and associated scheme responsibilities.
- Manage key performance requirements of all digital banking services and first line risk management activities for the payments business.
- Ensure key relationships and associated partnerships across the payments business are cultivated and productive.
- Undertake the development of FX strategy, Credit and Prepaid Card strategy and business deliverables.
- Implement transformational change with energy and passion.
- Embed a performance culture and enable team members to improve their productivity through well-defined process alignment and improvement.
- Prepare clear and concise compliance reporting.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Economics, IT or Finance. Post graduate qualifications are highly desirable.
- At least 10 years’ experience in cards/payments industry.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding the legal, regulatory and reputational risks associated with payment systems preferably within financial services environment.
- Excellent communication, stakeholder management and project management skills underpinned by leadership commitment and accountability.
This position is based in Toowoomba with flexibility for the right candidate to be based from the Brisbane office with travel to Toowoomba each week. Toowoomba is a vibrant regional city only 1.5hrs from Brisbane CBD. Toowoomba city offers a relaxed lifestyle and a variety of outstanding education, health and cultural facilities. Join the professionals who are making the move to regional centre and enjoy all the advantages both personally and professionally that a regional centre can offer!
Advertising for the opportunity will close on Wednesday 3 June 2020 at 5pm.