Finance Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Alinta Energy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Loy Yang B is an Electricity Generator located in the beautiful Latrobe Valley currently supplying 17% of Victoria’s power. We were recently acquired by Chow Tai Fook Enterprises (CTFE) and now belong to the Alinta Energy family, a growing and innovative energy market disrupter.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting directly to the Loy Yang B General Manager, and a member of the leadership team your key focus will be supporting the development and implementation of the overall long term business strategy.
You will lead and nurture a team of skilled and talented individuals within the financial reporting function.
This is a fantastic, challenging role in an incredible part of the country that offers the opportunity to maintain your career trajectory whilst enjoying real work life balance and an open, autonomous family orientated culture.
The role in detail
- Provide effective leadership, support and communication to the Finance Team
- Budget development coordination
- Reporting, analysis and business planning
- Manage financial compliance requirements
What you’ll need
- CPA qualified and a Tertiary qualification in Commerce, Accounting or a relevant discipline
- 10 years Finance leadership experience
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, Australian tax requirements and budgeting and reporting systems
- Strong people and performance management skills and the ability to empower motivate and develop your team
- Skilled in initiating and managing change
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex accounting and reporting functions (including reporting to the board), and a diverse range of business activities in a challenging business environment.
- Proven inspirational, motivational and empowering leadership qualities.
- Excellent delegation skills and the ability to create a work climate where people are empowered to take action.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse, assimilate and collate information regarding business performance, improvement opportunities and key business objectives into a coherent strategic financial plan.
- In depth knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, Australian Income and Indirect Tax Requirements.
- An understanding of the information technology requirements of an industrial power plant and the ability to drive continuously towards best practice with respect to cost, quality and service.
- Ability to provide sound advice, and where required, mitigation strategies to the LYB Asset Manager regarding plant financial performance
At Loy Yang B we pride ourselves on operational excellence and innovation and are entering an exciting new stage in a rapidly changing energy market - take the challenge and join us.
Applicants are required to address the above key selection criteria and attach it to your application along with your current resume.
- Closing Date:
- 16 Mar 2018
- VIC - Loy Yang
- Work Type:
- Full Time