Financial Accountant - Wholesale - [Archived Advertisement]
Alinta Energy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Financial Accountant - Wholesale
- Sydney CBD Location
- Full Time permanent position
- Rewarding salary and bonus
Alinta Energy is a fast-growing Australian energy generator and retailer with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW and over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ over 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia, we’re proud to be able to deliver an essential service to our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This involves working to deliver 1,000MW of owned and contracted renewable generation by 2020.
We are looking for an experienced Accountant to join our growing and supportive Finance team. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will provide accounting support to our Merchant Energy business nationally. You will assist in the preparation of monthly financial reporting, journals, general ledger, fixed assets, balance sheet reconciliations, consolidation accounting and treasury cash flow reporting. Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and deliver month end financial accounting and reporting, half-year and year end deliverable
- Prepare reports that monitor and record KPIs and provide relevant commentary
- Maintain and prepare forecasts including the management of cash flow reporting and forecasting
- Liaise with a range of internal stakeholders to provide accurate and timely financial information and helping them understand the financial performance of the business
- Analyse variances and prepare journals based on various data sources
- Respond to auditor queries in a timely and efficient manner
To be successful you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar financial or management accounting role
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in finance/accounting along with a CA or CPA qualification
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to manage productive relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Previous forecasting and control of liquidity exposure
- Demonstrated knowledge of good financial governance practice and an understanding of key financial and business variables
- Exceptional analytical, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to operate effectively within a changing environment
This is a great opportunity to further your career in an industry experiencing huge growth whilst utilising your initiative and judgement within a supportive team environment.
It’s an exciting time to join Alinta Energy, we are growing fast and need people who want to grow with us!
Let spread the positive energy together…
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Closing Date: 1st November 2019.
- Closing Date:
- 01 Nov 2019
- NSW - Sydney
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Analysis and Reporting