The Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI) is an independent, non-partisan think tank that produces expert and timely advice for Australia's strategic and defence leaders. The Institute's work helps to foster strategic expertise in Australia through dialogue, research and its contribution to public debate.
ASPI is currently seeking a Chief Finance Officer. This is an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated, result focused individual to lead and drive the ongoing development of the finance function, ensuring alignment with ASPI’s broader strategic plan.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance team
- Providing strategic recommendations to the Executive Director/Chair, ASPI Council/Chair, ASPI Audit Committee and members of the ASPI senior leadership team to help influence the future direction of ASPI
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Manage ASPI’s core funding Contract
- Develop and monitor the ASPI annual budget
- Provide advice on long-term business and financial planning and contribute to the development of the ASPI Corporate Plan and Annual Report
- Develop performance measures that support ASPI’s strategic direction
- Actively establish, develop and maintain relations with external partners and stakeholders
- Review all formal finance, HR and IT related procedures and technologies
- Ensure appropriate financial, accounting and auditing policies and procedures are developed and maintained in accordance with ASPI’s statutory obligations
- Provide timely and accurate financial management reporting and advice to ASPI Executive Director, ASPI Council and Audit Committee meetings
- Provide Risk oversight and management including business continuity, disaster recovery and fraud control plans and processes
- Certified Practicing Accountant or equivalent
- Minimum of ten years recent relevant experience
- Highly developed technical accounting skills and business acumen and knowledge of ERP systems suitable for small businesses
- Demonstrated experience in managing high level stakeholder relationships including Board level, senior executives, operational stakeholders and auditors
- Demonstrated capability to drive organizational performance and efficiency to develop strategies to manage financial and operational risks.
- Experience working in or with the Australian government including familiarity with budget and finance reporting obligations for Commonwealth entities
The salary figure referenced above may be negotiated based on skills and experience.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia on a full-time basis. No recruiters please.
For further information about this position contact ASPI on (02) 6270 5100 or visit www.aspi.org.au.
Applications must include a CV (no more than three pages), cover letter addressing your credentials against the Selection Criteria (no more than two pages) and the contact details of at least 2 professional referees, including one from your current position, and be emailed to email@example.com by Midnight 25 July 2018.