Darwin is one of Australia's thriving capitals. Our city is both modern and multicultural, boasting many exciting cultural festivals and weekly food and craft markets, as well as a laid back, family-friendly lifestyle. In business and industry circles, Darwin is described as Australia's gateway to South East Asia, with desirable Asian locations just a short flight away.
About Us - City Of Darwin
Our vision is ‘Darwin 2030 - City for People. City of Colour'. By 2030 we will be even bigger and better and will be known as a vibrant, creative, innovative, connected, healthy and environmentally responsible city. Our vision is supported by our staff values ‘CARES' * Customer service * Accountability * Respect * Excellence and * Solidarity. These values drive our workplace culture and are displayed in the way we work and in everything we do to service the Darwin community. Working for the City of Darwin gives you the ability to make a real difference in the lives of people who live in our community.
The City of Darwin offers attractive salaries along with generous entitlements and benefits including six weeks annual leave, fifteen days personal leave and salary sacrifice options.
City of Darwin is seeking a pro-active, efficient individual with a strong attention to details to join our fast-paced Finance team. In this role, you will be responsible to expedite the end-to-end process of all payable functions in an efficient manner in accordance with City of Darwin's policies and procedures.
As the Accounts Payable Officer, you will be expected to perform and deliver consistently across a range of Key Result Areas, which includes but is not limited to:-
- Process invoices, including matching purchase orders to invoices, ensuring appropriate supporting documentation, authorisation, and tax (e.g. GST) compliance and escalate any concern or non-compliance to the Payables Accountant.
- Prepare and reconcile creditors' accounts.
- Assist the Payables Accountant with the end of month processing and reporting.
- Maintain an effective filing system and efficient information retrieval.
- Manage creditors' register, accurate and appropriate documents.
- Provide advice to staff on procedures relating to purchasing and accounts payable.
- Provide excellent customer services to creditors and staff enquiries related to creditor accounts, processing procedures and payment processing.
- Ensure Accounts Payable processes are followed as per Council policies and procedures.
This position is classified as a Level 2 under our Enterprise Agreement and has a base salary of $63,210 plus superannuation and relevant allowances. For further information regarding this position, please contact our Nirav Jethva on 08 8930 0697.
To be successful, you will have:
- Minimum of Certificate II in Accounting.
- A Minimum of One(1) year experience in an equivalent role.
How to Apply:
For a copy of the position description and information on how to apply, please visit https://careersatthetop.com.au/Vacancies/
As part of City of Darwin's recruitment process, you may be required to undergo pre-employment assessments, such as a Medical Assessment, National Police Check and Psychometric Testing.
Applications close 5pm Monday 09 December 2019