Established in 1960, the Australian Road Research Board (ARRB) is a national interest, applied research organisation. We are the enablers of next-generation development of transportation, across Australia and globally.
We seek to attract world-class experts to add to our existing pool of intellectual excellence. We want the best of the best to join us in our vision; to drive innovation to deliver an adaptable connected future for all Australians. We are growing our intellectual base by building our capacity in fields of critical importance to the road and transport industry, recognising that there are some significant emerging challenges that require deep thinkers, who can provide solutions to complex problems.
As one of our team, you will work alongside internationally recognised experts, and assist in the discovery and creation of new innovations as part of our journey and mission.
ARRB is a dynamic and vibrant organisation providing exciting opportunities for people to do great things, to tackle the big research questions, and to see the fruits of that research being practically applied.
Our staff operate within a contemporary workplace with multi-disciplinary teams with highly evolved skills. Here, innovation can be fostered and nurtured - enabling true collaboration.
About the role and you:
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Accounts Payable Officer seeking permanent part-time work (3 days per week) in our state-of-the-art workplace located in Port Melbourne.
Reporting to the Senior Financial Accountant you will be supported by a small and supportive team and have an opportunity to develop skills and experience in other areas of the finance team over time. This position offers security and stability for the right candidate.
In this position you will:
• Pay creditor invoices in a timely and accurate manner
• Ensure creditor information and data in Microsoft Dynamics is accurate and timely
• Process EFT, Telegraphic Transfers and International Drafts
• Assist with month end and year end
• Process Concur expense claims from staff to ensure accuracy
• Process and reconcile Corporate Card expenses
• Monthly Creditor reconciliation in Dynamics and to ensure accuracy
• Perform a daily Bank reconciliation
• Respond to customer queries in a timely manner
• Backup for Accounts Receivable
We seek an individual who has:
• A minimum four years in payable/receivable procedures (with experience in commercial debt terms and recovery)
• High level of attention to detail
• High degree of accuracy
• Superior customer service skills
• High level written and verbal communication
• Excellent organisational, prioritisation and time management
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
• Professional approach with impeccable integrity
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Strong interpersonal ability, including successfully dealing with difficult people and situations
What we offer:
An exciting, dynamic and collaborative workplace with challenging roles, where your skills, knowledge and experience will be recognised and respected, including:
• A healthy work-life balance, with flexible arrangements for accruing time off
• Strong support for career development and further study
• A competitive salary & staff benefits
• A state-of-the-art work campus, ping pong tables, bicycle facilities, flexible working times, and with Activity based working arrangements
• Access to paid parental leave
• Potential salary packaging benefits available
• Additional leave days over end-of-year holiday period
To be considered:Please press the "APPLY" button in this job advertisement. Alternatively, for a confidential conversation, please contact Human Resources.
Please click the 'Apply Now' button below.