Founded in 1924, Woolworths Group is Australia's largest retailer with more than 3,500 stores across Australia and New Zealand that span food, drinks, general merchandise and hotels. The Woolworths Group is a proud, home-grown Australian business, employer of more than 205,000 people and a committed business partner of many thousand local farmers, producers and manufacturers.
At Woolworths, spreading the joy of food to our customers is the reason we do what we do. We live it and we breathe it. If you’re someone who leads by example and strives to be better every day, then we would love to hear from you.
This role will be predominantly based at our WooliesX office in Surry hills with travel to our Norwest Support Office 1-2 Days per week,
As our Digital Payments Product Manager you will be responsible for providing technical leadership and decision making accountability for a major application or suite of applications within Digital Payments. As well as this you will take responsibility for the Devops Product lifecycle for applications. Driving cost-effective, quality, innovative technology solutions and services that support business strategy.
In addition to this you will be responsible for calculating and driving reductions in the total cost of ownership for the application/s.You will also have a complete understanding of the business processes and the technology that supports the business requirements.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Convey business needs and objectives within IT whilst activating and managing change
- Execute process improvement and optimization.
- Establish cost/timelines for product deliverables.
- Decide budget to provide application solutions or support critical business systems.
- Provide thought leadership on a product roadmap to enable the delivery of key business objectives.
- Devise solutions and guide technical decisions through consultation that support business strategy.
- Establish and regularly review the Service Level Agreements to meet business needs and that the application/s is running within the acceptable Service Level Agreement levels.
- Undertake capacity planning ahead of any increased demand growth and ensure it is in place so application meets its Service Level Agreement.
- Develop core metrics and KPIs for performance measures relating to applications.
- Ensure that critical IT services are effectively managed to minimise business disruptions in the event of a failure and be able to recover in accordance with the agreed business recovery requirements by having an appropriate DR solution in place for application/s.
- Ensures the Release planning schedule is documented and manages the Implementation of the releases into Production.
- Work with the business to deliver and support solutions that meet their strategic requirements and remain aligned with the core product.
- Work with the business to align expectations across the enterprise and deliver a valuable and comprehensive product.
- Continuously manage the business prioritization, understanding and acceptance of the regular releases.
- Manage a mix of internal and external resources including vendor consultants from geographically dispersed teams, eg. interstate, off-shore development in India, etc.
- Provide clarity of goals and objectives as they relate to overall team performance and individual job assignments.
- Perform cross-training of roles to ensure critical intellectual property is developed in multiple individuals.
You will bring strong stakeholder and relationship management skills with a strong problem solving ability. You can also manage concurrent development streams to manage project goals.
- Excellent management and IT related experience to the equivalent of 10+ year’s experience.
- A strong track record in program/project management and IT operations within large organisations.
- Demonstrated experience in working with complex platforms with multiple stakeholders.
- Leadership experience extending to medium/large teams.
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Has a thorough understanding of the DEVOPS Product Life Cycle and the transformation process to implement it.
- Knowledge of Source management systems - namely Git.
- Experience in CI / CD capabilities using the Azure DevOps Services.
- Influence business strategies through the provision of technical alternatives.
- Keep well abreast of industry trends and directions to ensure solutions will provide business with forward compatible, scalable and flexible solutions.
- Demonstrated technical and management knowledge and/or formal qualifications to the Masters tertiary level.
- Technical application knowledge gained at leading vendors and/or general market.
- Proven commercial experience with vendors and contracts (eg. financial, legal etc).
- Transformational Leadership techniques.
- Experience with Digital Payments is highly desirable.
- General Australian Payments Industry knowledge desirable
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can follow us on LinkedIn or see more opportunities via www.wowcareers.com.au. #Li #Work180