It’s an exciting time to be part of Endeavour Group as we keep innovating and shaping the future of retail and hotels to create better experiences for our customers. We are currently seeking a Commercial Finance Manager to support our technology and systems roadmap, platforms and services as we establish capabilities that are fit-for-purpose for Endeavour Group.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, Group Functions and business partner to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), your primary responsibility is to oversee the financial management of the Group’s core technology platforms and services, including the Technology partnership agreement with Woolworths. You will be responsible for business case preparation for technology and systems investments, and will play a supporting role in technology vendor negotiations and associated financial analysis - driving favourable commercial outcomes and optimising our technology cost base.
- Financial performance management for group-wide technology spend: Monitor and report on performance of capital and operational IT expenditure, including partnership charges.
- Woolworths Technology partnership agreement: Ownership of all financial aspects of the partnership agreement (~$80m), ensuring charges are in line with commercial terms and providing insight / analysis on the capabilities and services delivered from the partnership, including value benchmarking against external providers.
- Budgeting and forecasting: oversee the development of the group technology plans and forecasts, ensuring alignment to strategy and balancing short and long term business objectives.
- Identify opportunities to optimise the group technology cost base, constructively challenging existing arrangements and removing duplication of services / costs where possible.
- Partner with key stakeholders on the feasibility of technology projects and investments, including preparation of financial analysis / modelling and business cases, and ROI measurement
- Build business cases in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- In conjunction with Group Finance, provide financial Control for technology expenditure including review of capitalised v opex funded expenditure. Perform financial due diligence and advise on accounting treatment of technology contracts.
- Support commercial negotiations with technology partners, with responsibility for all financial aspects of technology contracts and service agreements
Skills and experience required for this role
- Degree qualified in financial discipline
- CA / CPA or equivalent + financial and management accounting experience
- Strong commercial acumen - able to translate business performance drivers into financial outcomes
- Experience partnering with senior business leaders
- Experience with technology finance
- Experience working in a matrix organisation, collaborating with peers to deliver results
Grow with Endeavour Drinks
Endeavour Drinks comprises a diverse range of drinks businesses including BWS, Dan Murphy’s, ALH and Pinnacle Drinks. We are focused on growing and transforming our businesses to meet the changing needs of customers and we’re driven by a culture that puts our customers and team first. Our ambition is to connect everyone with a drinks experience they'll love.
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can follow us on LinkedIn or see more opportunities via www.wowcareers.com.au. #Work180