- Strategic leadership open term position
- Responsible for the uplift, oversight and evolution of GRE's data ecosystem and team of specialists
- Delivering insights and operational data to drive decision making
We currently have a full time, open term opportunity for a Head of Data Management to join QIC’s Global Real Estate (GRE) team in Brisbane.
Reporting to the Director of Business Performance & Technology, this leadership position will be responsible for the development of the GRE data model, architecture, and execution roadmap to support the achievement of the GRE technology strategy; delivering insights and operational data to drive decision making, action taking and value-add to our employees and partners (including investors and tenants/retailers).
This role is responsible for the uplift, oversight and evolution of GRE's data ecosystem and team of specialists, required to enable the vertically integrated real estate operations of our retail asset portfolio; and wider asset base.
The key accountabilities include though are not limited to:
- Defining and maintaining a complete business data architecture for the GRE business, linking information and processes from assets, to portfolio, investment management, funds management and to our investors, and tenants/retailers.
- Further defining and developing the data strategy and analytics around an already existing data set, as well as progressing significant opportunities to connect and include an ever-growing range of data not currently captured or compared.
- Providing thought leadership and innovation advice in the data and analytics domain to the business and team members by articulating a clear vision of the future benefits from a mature data-driven culture.
- Establishing, embedding and maintaining the appropriate data governance, ownership and quality practices as required to ensure the ongoing health, integrity and accuracy of data assets, taking preventive or corrective action as required.
- Leading the team to deliver a connected data ecosystem that supports the evolution from bespoke, legacy business management tools, static reports and Data Marts; to modern, scalable, integrated business platforms to support visualisation and analytic needs, connected with flexible data warehousing capabilities.
- Creating and maintaining data pipeline architecture, to assemble large, complex data solutions that meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Standardising data sources and common definitions and metrics to use for reporting and analysis to determine the best source of truth and definitions from the data sources available.
- Taking a business-led, relationship driven approach to deliver relevant insights and data points to the business users, embedded in the business processes to enhance commercial decision-making. Working in partnership with GRE and QIC technology and digital functions to scope, design and deliver uplift opportunities.
The ideal candidate
As a strong candidate for this role, you will have previous experience in a strategic leadership position where you have driven transformational change in data architecture and contributed to a data-driven culture to execute on strategic objectives.
You will also be proficient and/or qualified, and have the following credentials:
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology, Computer or Data Sciences
- Minimum 5 years’ experience leading a team within the real estate or financial services sector (or similar)
- Strong technical background in statistics, modelling and data analytics
- Experience in modern data warehouse practices and application, working with large and complex data sets
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of data governance and data quality practices
- Extensive experience in large scale Power BI deployment (or similar platform)
- Ability to lead and implement change, supported by a continuous improvement and customer service mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to adapt to technical and non-technical audiences
- Track record of an ability to partner with business users, implement from a business priority-led approach
QIC is a leading long-term specialist manager in alternatives offering infrastructure, real estate, private capital, liquid strategies and multi-asset investments. It is one of the largest institutional investment managers in Australia, with A$80 billion dollars (30 June 2019) in funds under management. QIC has over 1000 employees and serves more than 110 clients. Headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, QIC also has offices in Sydney, Melbourne, New York, Los Angeles, Cleveland, San Francisco, London and Copenhagen. For more information, please visit: www.qic.com and (www.qicgre.com -add in for GRE roles)
At QIC our pursuit is to be an inclusive organisation, one in which every employee has a true voice. We want every employee to have a sense of belonging within QIC and to know that their differences are valued, whatever the difference. We want to build people leader capability to reduce unintended bias and ensure we are leveraging the uniqueness of all our people.
Global Real Estate (GRE)
With approximately A$21 billion (30 June 2019) invested in Australian and international retail and commercial properties and a reputation for delivering predictable outcomes for clients over the long term, GRE’s team has specialist in-depth experience from deal origination and execution to asset management, leasing, marketing and development.
GRE originated in 1991 since QIC’s inception. Today, with professionals based in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Los Angeles and London, GRE is:
- Established platform where strategic funds management, asset management and property functions are actively managed in-house
- A stable, long-standing and respected team with specialist depth of expertise, known for discipline, consistent returns and focus
- Recognised as a regional shopping centre and commercial office specialist with a strong track record of development and redevelopment, with a long-term investment philosophy.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV via our careers portal by 10pm 10 November 2019. QIC is a fast-moving organisation so we may start reviewing applications before the job ad closes. We are really interested in receiving your application so please apply as soon as possible.
Applications from Recruitment Agencies will not be considered.
To learn more about life at QIC visit QIC Life
Follow QIC on LinkedIn to receive the latest industry news and job updates at QIC
For more information on our Global Real Estate division and our high performing assets, please visit www.qicgre.com