We currently have several exciting opportunities for experienced Finance Officers to join QIC’s Finance team for 12 months on a full time, maximum term basis.
The Finance Officer positions form part of QIC’s Financial Operations team who are responsible for the execution of operational finance processes and the maintenance of a robust and well controlled financial operating platform, including all payment and receipt processes, payroll, travel and cash management.
Finance Officers liaise with multiple stakeholders in the business and are responsible for ensuring timely and accurate payment processing across a variety of accounts functions and activities. The key accountabilities may include the following activities:
- Reviewing Accounts Payable and Corporate Credit card transactions, including GST and FBT coding
- Processing of foreign currency invoices
- Data entry of Accounts Payable and Receivable invoices and credit notes
- Resolving accounts payable enquiries
- General ledger transaction processing
- Bank Reconciliations
- Administration of Trust accounts, including reporting and reconciliations
- Identification of process improvements
As a strong candidate for this role, you will have outstanding communications skills to effectively liaise with key stakeholders in the business. You will also have:
- Secondary education completed to a satisfactory level
- At least five years’ experience in high volume end to end accounts payable processing (within a finance / professional services organisation or similar would be desirable)
- Experience with computerised accounting packages
- A high standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent data entry skills
- Sound reconciliation skills
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Appreciation of taxation concepts, including GST and FBT
- Ability to interact and operate as part of a team
- Ability to plan and organise work to meet deadlines
- Sound verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively internally and externally
- Ability to self-motivate and work flexibly
- Experience with reviewing and reconciling corporate credit card transactions
QIC is a leading long-term specialist manager in alternatives with a focus on infrastructure, real estate and private capital. We also specialise in liquid market solutions, providing multi-asset portfolios, liquid alternatives, active fixed interest and tailored overlays for our clients.
We’re high-performing and care about our clients, our colleagues and society at large. Headquartered in Brisbane, QIC is one of the largest institutional investment managers in Australia with over 800 employees across Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, New York, Los Angeles, Cleveland, San Francisco, London and Copenhagen.
Life at QIC
QIC values and embraces differences and is committed to building an inclusive culture as we know our people do their best when they bring their whole self to work. Our commitment is represented through initiatives including our Reconciliation Action Plan and employee-led diversity networks promoting LGBTI, young professionals and gender equality.
The wellbeing of our employees is at our core. We support your personal development, family and interests while empowering flexibility through initiatives such as; fitness reimbursements, wellness studio, study assistance and generous parental leave. At QIC, we know flexibility means something different to everyone; talk to us about what flexibility means to you. Click here for more information on benefits to support your QIC career journey.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV via our career’s portal. QIC is a fast-moving organisation so we may start reviewing applications before the job advert closes.
We encourage you to visit QIC and follow QIC LinkedIn for more information and the latest industry news.
Agencies please note: these vacancies are being managed directly by QIC’s Talent Acquisition team. Your respect for this process is appreciated.