Who are we?
MYOB is a business platform. Our purpose is to help more businesses in Australia and New Zealand start, survive and succeed. Our team is continually growing, inventing and disrupting conventions. To make all this happen, we are dedicated in creating an exceptional flexible employee experience for all team members and offer a culture where you can be yourself. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to come and add to it, and make it even better.
Are you ready?
In this role you play a meaningful role as a technology leader across multiple delivery teams working on a common problem domain. You provide leadership, coaching and support to delivery teams to balance technology, delivery, and product outcomes in alignment with MYOB objectives. Working with other leaders within your problem domain, you not only support teams in defining and delivering their product and technology roadmaps, you ensure teams have clear service level objectives and agreements in place for the production systems they own.
As a leader with deep technical skills, you are expected to work with developers within teams helping them design solutions and troubleshoot production incidents. You lead through alignment to a common objective and empowering your teams to make decisions for themselves instead of relying on command and control to make teams align with decisions you hand down. You will also play a meaningful role as a People Leader, coaching and mentoring your team members towards high performance!
In this role:
What you will bring:
- You'll Provide technical leadership to ensure the products we build are delivered successfully into market while setting us up for ongoing evolution and scale.
- Use key delivery and operational metrics to see opportunities for improvement
- Work with product managers to define and decompose product roadmaps. Ensuring requirements for run/maintain of product are included in roadmap development
- Working with teams to capture and define service level objectives and agreements for the software services they have responsibility for
- Ensure security and compliance obligations are met for technology owned by the Domain
- In-depth experience in implementing high performance development capabilities, utilising agile methodologies
- Sound understanding of data modelling, processing and storage
- Experience working in complex system architectures
- Experience implementing continuous delivery, agile and lean practices with delivery teams
- Demonstrated experience in driving continual improvement of the Product Development lifecycle, ensuring there is strong alignment to business outcomes
- Experience as a technical leader for one or more teams, setting standards for coding, delivery and design
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.