Who are we?
We are a tech company that exists to help other businesses start, survive, and succeed. Our team is continually growing, inventing and redefining conventions. To make all this happen, we are dedicated in creating an exceptional flexible employee experience for all team members and offer a culture where you can be yourself. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to come and add to it, and make it even better.
You’ll be part of a team responsible for designing innovative, forward-thinking products and services that people enjoy using. The customer is at the centre of everything we do, and we’re always working to learn what they need from MYOB.
You will join a growing, passionate engineering team laying the foundations of the Public API gateway infrastructure for MYOB, used by internal and external developers. As part of this work, you will have the opportunity to help create API standards, user onboarding and experience, data analytics, documentation, automation, and other good practices and governance in relation to this service.
As part of the team, you embrace operational excellence and aim to empower other teams to improve stability, performance and security in their work. We are passionate about making a difference to both clients and developers through communication and increased autonomy.
If you are excited by the idea of being part of a team dedicated to championing improvement and want to join us on our journey, we would love to hear from you.
This is a mid-level engineering role leading the way in establishing the core foundations of a new Public API gateway infrastructure. This entails implementing a new gateway, creating relevant API standards and practices, forming internal and external user onboarding processes, enabling security standards for the service and much more.
Focusing on ensuring our systems are operating effectively, you will engage in daily operational improvements, maintenance and access management, with the goal of automating them to reduce operational toil.
You will work closely with development teams across the business to encourage performance enhancements, address security concerns and to understand and document complex software systems.
You will promote collaboration between teams and be a facilitator in reducing organisational knowledge silos by leading discussions to share information.
Using your knowledge of infrastructure and cloud services, you will:
What we'd love you to bring
- Use a combination of Bash/Go/Python to create tooling and services for fellow MYOB Developers to consume, in order to accelerate delivery of features to clients.
- Operate core MYOB infrastructure to provide MYOB Clients with a reliable, stable and fast experience.
- Use open source tools or SaaS products to solve common operational problems.
- Provide mentoring and advice to fellow developers on operational best practices.
- Three or more years of experience in a similar role.
- Solid experience with virtualized infrastructure and cloud services in AWS.
- A willingness to learn and improve.
- Experience using continuous integration systems (e.g. Jenkins, Buildkite).
- An understanding of immutable deployments, 12 factor applications and other cloud patterns.
- An understanding of test/behaviour driven development.
- An understanding of SDLC principles and methodologies including Agile, Lean, Kanban and Continuous Delivery.
- The ability to effectively manage your time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet) and/or Cloud Infrastructure provisioning tools (e.g. AWS CloudFormation/CDK) will be advantageous.
- Experience with using systems in Linux environments will be advantageous.
If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, you should work at MYOB.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.