- Contribute to the delivery of value-add financial management
- Support the Finance Manager to provide strategic & analytical advice
- Join CSIRO Finance team in this challenging and varied role
CSIRO Finance is seeking a qualified and experienced candidate to fill an indefinite role in either Canberra or Melbourne. The Financial Strategy and Performance Co-ordinator is a key service provider to supporting the Business Unit and contributes to the delivery of value-add financial management by supporting the BU and Finance Leadership teams in meeting their objectives. Primarily you will provide Revenue, Commercial, Investment, Risk and Performance service at the Business Unit level.
More specifically you will:
- Assist the Finance Manager with the Investment/budget process.
- Consolidate, monitor and review Business Unit revenue forecasts and identify key risks & strategies.
- Forecast projected outcomes and recommend corrective actions, assisting with follow through on project plans, budget and milestone variations.
- Work with the Finance Manager to develop a financial strategy that enables delivery of the overall Business Unit strategy. This includes developing a 4 year road map with associated KPIs & milestones.
- Analyse Business Unit pipeline and liaise with BD and the Management team to build the revenue forecast & out year external revenue budgets.
- Prepare monthly Business Unit reports including commentary, issues to escalate, mitigation options and recommendations
For more detailed duties and selection criteria please view our Position Details Document here: Position Details
Location: Black Mountain ACT or Clayton VIC
Salary: AU$95K - AU$103K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in accounting or finance or relevant work experience in a financial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a financial strategy and associated KPIs to support, monitor and deliver the business unit and CSIRO objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare insightful commentary that identifies issues and recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure and oversee data integrity and compliance, proactive problem identification lead and execute appropriate responses to resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in ongoing knowledge transfer across the Financial Management team; proactively participate in business unit transaction teams, provide advice on options and prepare a business case based on the recommended option.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, and direction for others in the team by coaching and supporting staff and fostering open communication and strong collaboration.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders to achieve a high level of trust and respect to influence outcomes and communicate findings.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
Find out more here! Balance
How to Apply: Please upload one document only containing your CV/Resume, cover letter and a statement addressing the selection criteria ensuring you provide enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Please DO NOT attach any "additional or eligibility: documents as these are not automatically included in the documentation accessible by the selection panel.
Applications Close: 10:59pm AEST, 29 October 2017.