- Apply your skills in a dynamic role with a supportive team at CSIRO!
- Utilise your specialist finance knowledge & experience
- Play a lead in the delivery of value-add financial management
The role will contribute to the delivery of value-add financial management by supporting the BU and Finance Leadership teams in meeting their objectives. Primarily you will provide Revenue, Commercial, Investment, Risk and Performance service at the Business Unit level.
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Finance Manager with the Investment/budget process.
- Consolidate, monitor and review BU revenue forecasts and identify key risks & strategies.
- Forecast projected outcomes and recommend corrective actions, assisting with follow through on project plans, budget and milestone variations.
- Work with the Finance Manager to develop a financial strategy that enables delivery of the overall BU strategy. This includes developing a 4 year road map with associated KPIs & milestones.
- Analyse BU pipeline and liaise with BD and the Management team to build the revenue forecast & out year external revenue budgets.
- Prepare monthly BU reports including commentary, issues to escalate, mitigation options and recommendations
- Support the Finance Manager to provide strategic and analytical advice to the BU to enhance their financial position, business objectives and performance.
- Support the Finance Manager and Management Team for larger scale commercial transactions
- Manage the BU salary forecast including liaison with HR on recruitment & cessations
- Work with the Finance Manager to ensure interaction with the BD team to positively influence commercial terms & conditions of client agreements particularly in respect to price, cash flow, and compliance reporting.
- Liaise with Finance and Project Advisors to assist with issue resolution at Program level and determine what needs to be escalated to the management team via the Finance Manager.
- Assist the Finance Manager and BD to actively review the BUs pricing and in conjunction with the internal stakeholders, investigate options to improve rates of return.
- Liaise with Corporate Finance staff focused on Commercialisation, knowledge transfer agent & education within the BU.
- Actively manage the BUs financial risk register.
- Lead or participate in teams assembled to address Financial Management Initiatives, Organisational initiatives or Business Unit issues or initiatives as required.
- Support the Business Unit capital budget processes and look at ways to improve utilisation of assets and include this in our pricing.
Location: Hobart, TAS
Salary: $95K - $103K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be successful you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in accounting or finance or relevant work experience in a financial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a financial strategy and associated KPIs to support, monitor and deliver the business unit and CSIRO objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare insightful commentary that identifies issues and recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure and oversee data integrity and compliance, proactive problem identification lead and execute appropriate responses to resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in ongoing knowledge transfer across the Financial Management team; proactively participate in business unit transaction teams, provide advice on options and prepare a business case based on the recommended option.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, and direction for others in the team by coaching and supporting staff and fostering open communication and strong collaboration.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders to achieve a high level of trust and respect to influence outcomes and communicate findings.
Before you apply please view the full position description and selection criteria here: Position Details Document
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
CSIRO Finance is the enterprise-wide team that provides financial and procurement services to support the organisation.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please upload 1 document only containing your covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role as defined in the position details document.
Applications Close: Sunday 21 January 2018