- Join CSIRO, Australia's premier scientific research organisation
- Address social, institutional and business challenges in information infrastructures
- Pursue ground breaking research in social architecture
The Environmental Informatics Group is contributing to the design and development of public and research information infrastructure in a variety of application domains (environment, climate risk, agriculture, energy).
Social architecture addresses the social, institutional and economic concerns around the implementation and management of these infrastructures. CSIRO is currently recognised as a leader in social architecture for data and information platforms.
This role will contribute to the development of the social architecture research agenda and its execution in current and future planned projects.
Specifically you will:
- Incorporate novel approaches to scientific investigations by adapting and/or developing original concepts and ideas for new, existing and further research.
- Contribute to the articulation of the social architecture research agenda and its application to the development of information infrastructure involving multiple organisations, and complex stakeholder relations across government, industry and not for profit sectors.
- Produce high quality scientific and/or engineering papers suitable for publication in quality journals and for presentation at national and international conferences on the underlying theory and applications of social architecture to information infrastructures.
Location: Black Mountain, ACT or Clayton, VIC or Dutton Park, QLD
Salary: AU $109K - $128K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 2 years specified term
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate or equivalent research experience in business/management, social science, economics or institutional design/policy analysis, applied in the digital space or informatics.
- Knowledge and experience in the design, or operation of technical or institutional aspects of information infrastructure (e.g. eResearch infrastructure, systems of systems).
- Skill and demonstrated experience in the analysis of complex systems of systems and the design of solutions
- A track record in research and publication related to the digital domain.
- Stakeholder engagement and communication skills, with a track record in (digital) community building and facilitating cross organisational collaboration.
- The ability to work effectively as a member or leader of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out independent individual research, to achieve organisational goals.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO).
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: Please upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter providing enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Please view the full position details and instructions on how to apply here: Position Details
Applications Close: Thursday 22 February 2018