- Bring your enthusiastic and motivated approach to this key position
- Analyse the impact of long term economic trends
- Join our team at CSIRO Futures and make a difference at the interface of science and industry!
Background: Make a difference. Innovation for Australia’s future.
The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) is one of the world’s leading applied R&D organisations, with more than 5000 talented people working out of 55 centres in Australia and internationally.
‘CSIRO Futures’ is CSIRO’s strategic advisory arm and a trusted advisor to external private and public sector entities. We sit at the interface between science and industry, identifying key trends, emerging technologies and issues affecting business. We work with teams across all of CSIRO’s research areas to help clients translate science into strategy and plan for an uncertain future. Our expertise extends across Oil & Gas, Mining, Food & Agribusiness, Health and Manufacturing, where we help senior decision makers develop evidence-based strategies to address major opportunities and challenges across the supply chain.
As an Economic Consultant with CSIRO Futures, you will analyse the impact of long term trends to help inform decision making for senior industry and government clients. Specifically you will:
- Quantify the economic impact or market size of emerging and existing technologies.
- Follow the approach developed by the senior Consulting Economist to ensure analyses are applicable to a wide range of technologies and sectors.
- Use your analysis to assist clients with strategy and investment decisions.
- Provide detailed and accurate information/reports for presentation to senior decision makers.
Location: Parkville (Melbourne) Victoria
Salary: AU$ 80K to AU$ 91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 2 year term
Job reference: 56562
As a minimum requirement, you will hold an honours degree in Economics or another relevant field. You will also have:
- A history of professional behaviours and strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to identify and build positive relationships with key client stakeholders.
- Sound experience in providing customer-focussed services in a commercial management or strategy consulting firm.
- Experience conducting economic analysis using ambiguous and complex quantitative and qualitative data to understand the impact of trends.
- The ability to apply economic analysis in support of business strategy and investment decision making.
- High-level communication and interpersonal abilities with strong relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
To see all the criteria required for success in this dynamic role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below. Apply today!
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to apply: Please load one document containing your CV and a brief cover letter which outlines your interest in the role and your motivations for applying (Maximum 2MB). At the end of the online application process, you will also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications close: Thursday 26 April, 2018 (11:59pm AEST)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.