- Are you an experienced Finance Officer looking for a new challenge?
- Work closely with management to support the Financial Management team
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO is looking to appoint a Finance and Projects Officer who will support the senior financial management positions within the business unit. This position primarily supports programs but could also work at business unit level as required. This role requires a wide skill set to deliver the transactional, data analysis, reporting & compliance based aspects of the Service Catalogue.
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Support the Financial Management Team to provide accurate and compliant financial records for the BU.
- Financial reporting capability including monthly management reports, ad hoc reports, compliance reports and reconciliations. Understanding of the financial and project data contained in reports, ability to identify errors and anomalies and recommend potential courses of action.
- Ensure data integrity through demonstrated attention to detail and quality data input.
- Maintenance of asset register and assistance with other Asset related financial responsibilities.
Location: Canberra ACT
Salary: $61K - $78K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in accounting or finance or progress towards tertiary qualifications or relevant work experience in a financial environment.
- Ability to ensure data integrity through demonstrated attention to detail and quality data input including proactive problem identification and appropriate responses to resolve issues.
- Ability to identify complex or ill-defined problems and develop appropriate alternative solutions and communicate those to stakeholders through good written and verbal communication skills.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load your CV and cover letter (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, 12 August 2018