- Are you an efficient financial accounting professional?
- Contribute to the team through your effective support
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science and technology research organisation
The Finance Officer (Subsidiaries) will undertake day-to-day financial accounting tasks with a strong focus on providing financial support to CSIRO and its controlled subsidiary entities. The Financial Officer (Subsidiaries) will contribute to the delivery of accurate and high quality financial services, including book keeping, assisting in preparation of monthly and annual financial statements, BAS Statements, cash forecasting and management, compliance activities and management reporting. This position will input to the delivery of value-add financial management and analytical advice and assist management with the delivery of their CSIRO business objectives.
Your duties will include
- Accurately and efficiently undertake and manage financial accounting activities for CSIRO’s subsidiary entities, including maintaining the general ledger, assist in preparation of ad-hoc reports, financial statements, and BAS Statements ensuring statutory compliance and adhering to the CSIRO Finance policies and processes.
- Analyse data, identify issues and draw conclusions or potential solutions for discussion with the team.
- Assist with the preparation of subsidiary budgets and forecasts and ad hoc reporting.
Location: Black Mountain, ACT
Salary: AU $62k - AU $79k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 12 months
To be successful you will need
- A tertiary qualifiaction in accounting or finance or equivalent experience in a financial environment.
- Demonstrated experience in financial accounting tasks (such as recording of transactions, undertaking reconciliations, preparing monthly reports, tracking and managing cash flows to facilitate payments).
- Demonstrated experience being proactive and using sound judgement and problem solving skills to resolve issues and implement improved business practices.
- Pro-actively undertake and complete work with accuracy and timeliness including prioritisation of own tasks contributing to Finance team service delivery.
- Ensure data integrity through demonstrated attention to detail and quality data input.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
- A tertiary qualification in accounting or finance or equivalent experience in a financial environment.
- The person appointed will need to lodge a National Police Check (at CSIRO’s expense) and receive clearance before commencing.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Applications Close: 22 Nov 2018