- Are you a highly motivated, experienced tax professional looking for a diverse and challenging role?
- Can you apply your tax experience and analytical mindset to an amazing finance opportunity in a well-loved organisation?
- Join CSIRO Finance team and help deliver value-add taxation and commercialisation services
CSIRO Finance’s objective is to provide reliable, accurate, timely, customer-focused information and relevant value-adding, strategic insight to support and enable CSIRO’s financial sustainability through the effective use of resources.
As the Specialist Tax and Commercialisation Advisor, you will primarily be responsible for co-ordinating and facilitating the commercialisation finance framework within both finance and CSIRO In Business teams. You will also be responsible for the provision of all taxation services and advice to CSIRO’s Business Units and staff. This role requires strong communication skills with effective client and stakeholder management.
Some of your duties will include:
- Review and advise on the impact of CSIRO's commercial investments within the commercialisation finance framework
- Provide complete and well thought out advice on complex taxation matters such as international and corporate tax, as well as general business requirements
- Identify, propose and implement process improvements for tax and commercialisation activities
- Prepare income tax compliance requirements in respect of CSIRO’s Innovation Fund including FATCA/CRS and other income tax compliance deliverables for related entities
- Review and monitor the international presence of CSIRO and ensure all appropriate tax advice is in place and any compliance requirements are being met
- Mentor team members as required
Location: Eveleigh, NSW
Salary: $97K to $105Kplus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- Education/Qualifications: Degree in accounting, commerce or business as well as completion of the CA or CPA Program, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Experience: A minimum of four years’ experience in taxation including Australian corporate income tax, employment taxes and indirect taxes
- Communication: Superior written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to deploy strong advocacy and influencing skills to achieve personal impact and business success.
- Demonstrated broad Australian tax technical knowledge including corporate income tax, employment taxes, and indirect taxes. Experience and/or understanding of international taxes and tax impacts of operating in foreign jurisdictions.
- Proven ability to prioritise and contribute effectively to resolving escalated issues relating to taxation and commercialisation finance while ensuring stakeholder needs are being met
- Demonstrated experience providing taxation advice to internal and external stakeholders that is clear, concise and tailored to suit the audience.
- Experience and/or understanding of key financial and business considerations in assisting commercialisation decisions of key stakeholders
- Ability to maintain personal/professional development to meet the changing demands of the role, participate in appropriate training and encourage/support staff in their development
- Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and see tasks through from conception to execution.
- Proven ability to exercise commercial judgment to ensure all work activities add value.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Monday 11th February, 2019