- Do you have a passion for providing excellent budgeting advice and expertise?
- Do you have a strong focus on providing high quality financial support?
- Join CSIRO Corporate Finance and play a key role in achieving significant financial accounting and financial management outcomes.
CSIRO Corporate Finance’s objective is to provide reliable, accurate, timely, customer-focused information and relevant value-adding, strategic insight to support and enable CSIRO’s financial sustainability through the effective use of resources.
The Corporate Finance Advisor - Internal Budgets will provide budgeting advice and expertise with a strong focus on providing financial support to CSIRO and its controlled entities; achieve significant financial accounting and financial management outcomes; ensure timely, accurate, and relevant financial information; and provide input in strategic and analytical advice to internal partners; and assist management with CSIRO business objectives
This is a security assessed position. To be eligible for this position you will currently hold, or will have the ability to obtain, an Australian Government security clearance level of Baseline.
Your duties will include
- Work closely with In-Business Finance and other internal partners, develop the four year budget based on historic and forward trend analysis and financial environment assessment, and prepare insightful reports to socialise the impacts and to support executive decision making.
- Plan, lead and review the accurate and timely development of the internal budget at various organisational levels. Collaborate with the In-Business Finance Managers to integrate best practice budgeting processes and the use of system and off-system tools across the organisation.
- Ensure ongoing alignment of the internal budget to the representation of the budget to external partners.
- Contribute to providing best practice financial management service delivery and performance with a focus on accuracy and continuous improvement.
Location: Black Mountain, ACT
Salary: AU$97k – AU$105k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all selection criteria can be appointed.
- A tertiary qualification in accounting and/or relevant work experience in an accounting/budgeting environment.
- Demonstrated good judgement, forward thinking and impactful analytical skills to resolve accounting issues in an accurate and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse data, identify trends and variances, draw conclusions and put forward recommendations that are insightful and pragmatic that address improvements for current and future needs of the business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to provide robust and relevant financial advice to key internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to utilise advocacy and influencing skills to support CSIRO Finance decisions and actions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team, plan and prioritise to deliver team based outcomes on timely basis, creating a proactive solutions-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage self and others, identifying development opportunities, providing feedback, support and direction for improvement.
For more information please view the Position Description.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Thursday, 28th February, 2019.