- Showcase your strong market research and analytical abilities
- Inform senior business and government decision making across Australia
- Work across a broad range of science and technology domains
We are seeking a Research Analyst to play a key role in delivering market research, analysis and consultation assistance. In this role, you will be involved in projects that focus on understanding the opportunities and challenges presented by major economic, environmental, social, and technological trends, in a particular industry sector. You will look at how science, technology and innovation can assist in unlocking these opportunities.
If you have strong market research and analysis skills, excellent communication and report writing skills, and are an enthusiastic and motivated team player, we’d love to hear from you.
Your duties will include
- Gathering, understanding, analysing and synthesising large amounts of information from disparate sources into logical, robust quantitative and qualitative insights and conclusions.
- Planning and extracting information from client and industry workshops and interviews.
- Succinctly and professionally communicate complex business and/or technical concepts to client stakeholders.
- Providing detailed and accurate information/reports based on solid quantitative and qualitative evidence.
Location: Melbourne (Clayton or Parkville), VIC preferred; Brisbane (QLD) may be considered
Salary: AU$62K - AU$79K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be successful you will need
- Undergraduate qualifications in business, finance, economics, science, or engineering discipline or a related field that includes a significant analytical component.
- The ability to gather, evaluate, analyse and synthesise a broad range of information to develop robust, quantitative and qualitative insights to inform senior corporate and government decision making.
- Experience in generating professional quality client-facing written reports and deliverables that clearly communicate analysis and key insights.
- The ability to manage and prioritise conflicting tasks, whilst ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment as demonstrated by:
- Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description.
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
5th May 2019