- Do you have a strong focus on providing high-quality financial support?
- Can you liaise with stakeholders on external budget & government reporting matters?
- Join CSIRO Finance and work in a supportive team!
CSIRO Finance is seeking an Assistant Budget Coordinator – External Budget to provide budget and financial accounting advice and expertise to CSIRO and its controlled entities. You will also co-ordinate CSIRO’s involvement in the Commonwealth Budget process.
This is a designated security assessed position requiring the successful candidate to be an Australian citizen and to hold or have the ability to possess and maintain Negative Vetting 1 Australian Government security clearance.
Your duties will include
- Assisting with, and undertaking, government budgeting and reporting processes including:
- Maintaining and updating CSIRO and subsidiary budget data in the Department of Finance's Central Budget Management System (CBMS);
- Preparing the Portfolio Budget Statements (PBS) and Portfolio Additional Estimates (when required);
- Submitting CSIRO and subsidiary actuals data int CBMS, including identifying variances and trends and drawing conclusions;
- Senate Estimates and Ministerial briefings;
- Costings for New Policy Proposals and other initiatives as required.
- Monitoring the release of Estimate Memorandums and co-ordination of responses within CSIRO.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders on matters relating to external budgets and government reporting.
- Maintaining accurate filing systems including documentation of procedures.
Location: Canberra (Black Mountain) ACT
Salary: AU$82k - AU$93k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- A tertiary qualification in accounting/commerce or relevant work experience in an accounting or budgeting environment.
- Experience in undertaking financial accounting transactions and reconciliations to ensure accuracy, timeliness and relevance.
- A history of producing technically accurate work and proposing recommendations that have led to improvements in business processes.
- Proven experience in being proactive and using problem-solving skills to resolve accounting issues in an accurate and timely manner.
- An understanding of the Commonwealth Government budget processes.
- Proficiency in using, or the ability to learn how to use, CBMS.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas to individuals and groups.
- A history of professional and respectful behaviours and attitudes in a collaborative environment.
- To be an Australian citizen and to hold, or be able to hold, a Negative Vetting 1 (NV1) Australian Government security clearance.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
15th May 2019