- Do you have strong economic analysis and strategic consulting skills?
- Bring your enthusiastic and motivated approach to this key role
- Join CSIRO Futures and make a difference at the interface of science and industry
Background: Make a difference. Innovation for Australia’s future.
The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) is one of the world’s leading applied R&D organisations, with more than 5000 talented people working out of 55 centres in Australia and internationally.
‘CSIRO Futures’ is CSIRO’s strategic advisory arm and a trusted advisor to external private and public sector entities. We sit at the interface between science and industry, identifying key trends, emerging technologies and issues affecting business. We work with teams across all of CSIRO’s research areas to help clients translate science into strategy and plan for an uncertain future. Our expertise extends across Oil & Gas, Mining, Food & Agribusiness, Health and Manufacturing, where we help senior decision makers develop evidence-based strategies to address major opportunities and challenges across the supply chain.
As an Economic Consultant with CSIRO Futures, you will analyse the impact of long term trends to help inform decision making for senior industry and government clients. Specifically you will:
- Undertake economic impact analysis of long-term trends and emerging technologies on the economy and key markets.
- Communicate succinctly and professionally in the provision of rigorous economic analysis to senior decision makers and peers within and outside of CSIRO, providing detailed and accurate information/reports based on quantitative and qualitative evidence.
- Assist with the creation of professional-quality client-facing project deliverables including presentations, written reports and other communications tools.
- Actively develop an understanding of CSIRO and its key science domains to determine the most appropriate information sources and guide pertinent analysis and reporting.
- Contribute to the growth and effective functioning of the Futures team.
Location: Parkville or Clayton, VIC
Salary: $83K to $94K plus up to 15.4% Superannuation
Tenure: 2 years term
Ref No: 62043
To be successful you will need
- An honours degree in Economics or another relevant discipline.
Note that higher level postgraduate qualifications are not essential but may be an advantage in carrying out this role.
- Experience conducting economic analysis using ambiguous and complex quantitative and qualitative data to understand the impact of trends (such as emerging science and technology developments) on markets and key Australian economic indicators.
- Demonstrated ability in applying economic analysis to support business strategy and investment decision making.
- Excellent oral communication skills and experience generating professional quality client-facing written reports and deliverables that clearly communicate economic analysis and key insights to a senior executive-level audience. This includes the ability to present a clear narrative to help communicate challenging or contentious ideas to fellow team members and customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to identify and build positive relationships with key client stakeholders, including senior management.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish. D&I
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Sunday 30th June 2019
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date