- Do you have experience as an economic consultant?
- An interest in science and technology is a must!
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO is seeking to appoint a senior economic consultant. As the successful candidate you will analyse long-term trends and emerging technologies to help senior industry and government clients make informed decisions.
To be successful in this position, you will require strong economic analysis and strategic consulting skills along with high-level communication and report writing abilities. You will join a motivated and supportive team to study and communicate economic trends and insights to senior executive-level audiences. To effectively communicate these economic trends and insights, strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills are essential.
Your duties will include:
- Undertake economic analysis of long-term trends and emerging technologies on the economy and key industries, with a focus on industry revenue and employment impacts.
- Communicate succinctly and professionally in the provision of rigorous economic analysis to senior decision makers and peers within and outside of CSIRO, providing detailed and accurate information/reports based on robust and transparent quantitative and qualitative evidence.
- Assist with the creation of professional-quality client-facing project deliverables including presentations, written reports and other communications tools.
Location: Melbourne VIC. Parkville preferred; other Victorian CSIRO sites may be considered.
Salary: AU$83k – AU$94k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be considered you will need:
- A degree in Economics or another relevant discipline.
- Several (three to five) years of experience as an economic consultant in a consulting firm.
- Experience conducting cost benefit analysis using ambiguous and complex quantitative and qualitative data to understand the impact of trends (such as emerging science and technology developments) on markets and key Australian economic indicators.
- Demonstrated ability in applying economic analysis to support business strategy and investment decision making.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Tuesday 14 April 2020, 11:00 pm AEST