- Strategically position internal audit to effectively contribute to business performance
- Build a high performance team to deliver on CSIRO’s annual audit plan
- Join CSIRO! Australia’s premier science and technology research organisation
The Manager Internal Audit is the principal authoritative source of advice and assurance for the Board and the Executive in relation to audit and assurance. The role is responsible for managing CSIRO’s internal audit function including developing and implementing the annual audit plan and leading and performing internal audits and business assurance reviews across the organisation.
Your duties will include:
- Providing strategic and operational direction, assessment, and advice, on the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management, internal controls and governance processes of the organisation to the CSIRO Board, the Board Audit and Risk Committee, the Executive and the broader senior leadership team.
- Providing assurance to the Board, Board Audit and Risk Committee and the Executive that controls designed to manage risks are operating effectively and ethically.
- Leading and developing a best practice assurance function designed to manage the effective control and risk management environment.
- Delivering quality and timely, audit and assurance outcomes and activities to a range of CSIRO committees and groups.
- Leading a highly committed team, focused on continuous improvement and building its capabilities.
Location: Clayton, Victoria or Black Mountain, ACT
Salary: AU$113k – AU$132k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Experience and knowledge of best practice internal auditing and assurance functions, including qualifications relevant to auditing/accounting, risk management, governance and/or compliance.
- Demonstrated strong experience in senior stakeholder relationships, including with Boards, Board Audit and Risk Committees, Executive Leadership teams and/or the Audit Office.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, lead and manage an internal audit function and team, including proactively utilising and allocating available resources, establishing progress reviews and performance measures, and delivering high quality and effective audit outcomes and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to operate with independence across an organisation to conduct and deliver high quality internal audits and assurance reviews.
- Demonstrated experience showing a high level of judgement in identifying key risks and issues and selecting the best course of action, balancing stakeholder needs, and developing recommendations.
- Membership of relevant professional associations or institutions, such as IIA or CPA, or equivalent, will be highly regarded.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Baseline level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia’s national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
21 Sept 2020, 11:00 pm AEST/AEDT