Agricultural Systems Economist - [Archived Advertisement]
Agricultural Systems Economist
- Apply your agricultural systems expertise at CSIRO!
- Identify innovation potential & address drivers for economic impact
- Develop economic approaches and systems analysis tools to solve important agricultural problems
CSIRO Agriculture and Food is seeking an impact-oriented Agricultural Systems Economist to join the Adelaide team. This important role will involve work on exciting existing projects and development of innovative new project areas that underpin resilient and profitable agricultural businesses. CSIRO’s agricultural systems research capability is in strong demand for its innovative and industry-aware work on managing the dual goals of increased productivity and the management of risk. There is also emphasis on identifying, evaluating and developing innovations with potential for economic impact through industry adoption.
As an agricultural systems economist you will be part of research teams applying and developing economic approaches and systems analysis tools to solve important agricultural problems and generate new business opportunities. Our work is conducted at national, regional and international scales, in close collaboration with farmers, agricultural advisors, agribusiness and partner RD&E agencies with the aim of achieving impactful research outcomes.
Your duties will include:
- Under limited direction, assist in the planning and preparation of research proposals and carry out research investigations, requiring originality, creativity and innovation.
- Present results in a meaningful format, prepare reports for clients and write scientific papers for publication.
- Liaise with clients to determine their needs and take personal responsibility for client satisfaction.
- Address problems promptly and in a constructive manner, selecting and detailing the most profitable lines of attack upon a problem.
- Communicate openly, effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
- Draw on professional expertise, knowledge of other disciplines and research experience, recognise opportunities for innovation and generate new theoretical perspectives by pursuing new ideas/approaches and networking with scientific colleagues across a range of disciplines.
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Salary: AU$98k – AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A PhD and or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as agricultural economics.
- Demonstrated experience in agricultural economics as applied to farming systems and agr-business.
- Proven experience in the application and development of models for analysing agricultural systems and innovations.
- Demonstrated ability to take resourceful and innovative approaches to solving problems and delivering novel outcomes.
- Proven ability to communicate and deliver research findings to end-users including agricultural industry stakeholders, and a track record of publishing research.
- Understanding and experience in innovation systems and adoption of innovations, and experience working in research and development relevant to southern Australian agricultural systems is desirable.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia’s national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
2 March 2020, 11:00 pm AEST/AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 02 Mar 2021
- SA - Adelaide
- AU$98k – AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: