Financial Performance and Analysis Coordinator - [Archived Advertisement]
Financial Performance and Analysis Coordinator
- Can you provide financial advice and expertise to CSIRO Executive and Board?
- Do you have finance experience in the government sector?
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
The successful candidate will provide day-to-do financial management advice and expertise with a strong focus on providing financial advice and analysis to the CSIRO Executive, Leadership Team and Board. The role will achieve significant financial reporting outcomes and contribute to the delivery of accurate, quality financial reporting, forecasting and modelling. Reporting to the Finance Manager - Financial Performance & Analysis you will provide strategic input and analytical advice across CSIRO and assist management with the delivery of their CSIRO business objectives.
Your duties will include:
- Planning, managing and delivering the organisational forecasting, modelling and analysis including working with internal stakeholders in its development and delivery
- Communicating actions and risks found in forecasting, modelling and analysis to key stakeholders, as well as the development of new models
- Providing financial advice and analysis, including analysis of new investments, proposals and business cases, analysis of major project feasibility and preparation of required documentation
- Assisting the Finance Manager in the development of scenarios and financial planning as a response to organisational priorities, strategies and support for investment decision making
- Managing and contributing to the design, delivery and implementation of projects including new processes and systems
Location: Black Mountain, ACT preferred or Clayton, VIC
Salary: AU$98k - AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- A completed tertiary qualification in accounting or finance as well as completion of the CA/CPA Program, or equivalent work experience.
- Technical knowledge and/or experience in management accounting, reporting, forecasting, budgeting and project accounting in the government sector.
- Ability to identify, analyse and manage financial risk, provide mitigation strategies and develop and deliver appropriate responses.
- To develop and communicate financial management advice, building relationships with internal and external stakeholders to influence outcomes and communicate findings.
- Experience exercising initiative and agility in the delivery of high-quality outputs with flexibility under minimal supervision.
- A history of providing leadership and direction for others in the team by coaching and supporting staff, fostering open communication and strong collaboration.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at a minimum of a baseline level
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a one-page maximum cover letter, outlining how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role, and a copy of your current CV.
Sunday 21 March 2021, 11:00pm AEST
We reserve the right to remove this advertisement prior to the closing date
- Closing Date:
- 21 Mar 2021
- AU$98k - AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Analysis and Reporting