Senior Market Research Analyst - [Archived Advertisement]
Senior Market Research Analyst
- Are you an experienced market researcher looking for your next challenge?
- Can you use market insights to help inform CSIRO opportunities and projects?
- Apply today to join CSIRO Insights and help make a difference!
The Senior Insights Advisor, within the Insights Function of CSIRO Strategy, will play a lead role in scoping, project managing and delivering market insight projects to a broad range of internal stakeholders. These insights will be used to inform decision-making, development of new initiatives and solve complex issues of national significance. Typical projects will involve helping stakeholders understand and respond to the opportunities and challenges presented by major economic, environmental, market, social, and technological trends.
The successful candidate will have strong business strategy and market analysis skills, excellent communication and report writing skills, will be comfortable leading and facilitating discussions and must be an enthusiastic and motivated team player.
Your duties will include:
- Quickly gathering, understanding, analysing and synthesising information from disparate sources into detailed, logical, evidence-based insights and conclusions.
- Providing briefings, advising high-level senior executives and stakeholders on market insights.
- Leading and delivering critical market research projects of varying size and scale.
- Succinctly and professionally communicating complex business, scientific and technical concepts to client stakeholders.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues within the team, the business unit and across CSIRO to reach objectives.
- Establishing networks with other teams and professionals in their field.
- Actively developing a working knowledge across CSIRO's science and technology domains
Location: Sydney, NSW; Melbourne, VIC; Canberra, ACT or Pullenvale; QLD
Salary: AU$98k - AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A degree in a relevant discipline such as Science, Engineering, Business or Relations, Economics, Finance, or related fields.
- Professional experience in business, government, science, or innovation related activities in a similar organisation
- Experience with rapidly sourcing, evaluating, synthesising and analysing a broad range of business, technical and economic data to form relevant business insights.
- An ability to generate professional quality reports (PowerPoint and Word) and deliverables that clearly communicate analysis and key insights to a senior executive-level audience.
- High level of comfort developing and/or applying business analysis and strategic analysis frameworks (i.e. value chain analysis).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 18 April 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 18 Apr 2021
- AU$98k - AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Research & Development