Market Analyst - [Archived Advertisement]
- Are you able to quickly gather and synthesise information?
- Are you an experienced market analyst looking for your next challenge?
- Apply today to join CSIRO Insights and help make a difference!
The Market Analyst within the Insights Function of CSIRO Strategy will primarily be focused on gathering and analysing market data and information through desktop research and through some level stakeholder consultation, to form compelling insights communicated through a report, working independently or within a small project team. These insights will be used to inform decision-making, development of new initiatives and to solve complex issues of national significance.
Typical projects will focus on identifying science and technology-based opportunities and challenges, presented by major economic, environmental, social, and technological trends in an industry or sector.
Your duties will include:
- Quickly gathering, understanding, analysing, and synthesising information from disparate sources into detailed, logical, evidence-based insights and conclusions.
- Producing PowerPoint slide decks and Word documents to effectively communicate insights and recommendations.
- Presenting findings of projects to key internal and/or external stakeholders
- Working collaboratively with colleagues within the team, the business unit and across CSIRO to reach objectives
- Establishing networks with other teams and professionals in their field
- Actively develop a working knowledge across CSIRO’s science and technology domains.
Location: Negotiable - Sydney, NSW; Melbourne, VIC; Canberra, ACT or Pullenvale, QLD
Salary: AU$83k - AU$94k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A degree in a relevant discipline such as Science, Engineering, Business or Relations, Economics, Finance, or related fields.
- Professional experience in business, government, science, or innovation related activities in a similar organisation
- Experience with rapidly sourcing, evaluating, synthesising, and analysing a broad range of business, technical and economic data to form compelling insights
- Ability to use market databases and tools to gather information required
- knowledge and experience generating professional quality reports and deliverables that clearly communicate analysis and key insights to a senior executive-level audience
- Ability to manage and prioritise conflicting tasks, and flexibly achieve desired outcomes to satisfy client expectations.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication and presentation skills, as well as a high level of competence in Microsoft packages and specifically familiar with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 18 April 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 18 Apr 2021
- AU$83k - AU$94k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Research & Development