Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner
- Opportunity to Partner with the business units across the CSIRO organisation
- Free onsite parking, flexible working conditions including WFH
- Join our busy team and help us support and add value to CSIRO!
CSIRO is seeking a tertiary qualified finance professional to provide day-to-day financial management advice and expertise with a strong focus on providing financial advice and analysis. As the Finance Business Partner you will provide day-to-do financial management advice and expertise with a strong focus on providing financial advice and analysis to either CSIRO’s Enterprise Services functions or CSIRO’s infrastructure portfolio (including an extensive property portfolio and IT portfolio including supercomputing Enterprise Services/Infrastructure.
This role will partner with busness units across CSIRO to achieve significant financial reporting outcomes and contribute to the delivery of accurate, quality financial reporting, forecasting and modelling, supporting the Finance Manager and Coordinators in delivering strategic and analytical financial advice across CSIRO and assisting with the delivery of CSIRO business objectives.
Your duties will include:
- Preparation of internal management reporting, working closely with all of Finance to reflect insight on performance against operating and capital budgets, and to provide value-add commentary.
- Supporting the Finance Manager and Finance Coordinators through the preparation of detailed organisational and functional forecasting, modelling and analysis, including working with internal stakeholders and managing the in-business forecast process and models.
- Monitoring and assessing CSIRO’s performance against budget and work across the Finance team; providing value-add insight on issues and risks in performance to the Finance Coordinator for inclusion in management reporting and advice.
- The provision of financial advice and analysis, including financial position, projections and risks, to support team outputs and processes.
- Contributing to the design, delivery and implementation of new processes and systems for management accounting in CSIRO, including responsibility for projects as required.
- Supporting the preparation of the annual Financial Statements through accurate delivery of financial reports and advice.
Location: Black Mountain, ACT, Brisbane, Melboure or Sydney
Salary: AU$85k - AU$96k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be considered you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in accounting or finance as well as completion of the CA/CPA Program, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong technical knowledge and/or experience in management accounting, reporting, forecasting, and project accounting in the government sector.
- The ability to identify and analyse financial position and risk, develop appropriate recommendations, and escalate as required
- Experience identifying and analysing complex or ill-defined problems and develop and deliver appropriate alternative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure data integrity and compliance, proactive problem identification lead, and recommend appropriate responses to resolve issues.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to work in CSIRO you must be an Australian Citizen, willing to obtain and maintain an Australian Government security clearance at the Baseline level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
31 Oct 2021 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 31 Oct 2021
- AU$85k - AU$96k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Analysis and Reporting