VS Postdoctoral Fellowship in Transformational Innovation Practice and Policy - [Archived Advertisement]
VS Postdoctoral Fellowship in Transformational Innovation Practice and Policy
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our?vision towards reconciliation.
- Do you have a PhD in science, technology and innovation policy studies, systems science, social and economic studies of innovation, political economy studies, or institutional and evolutionary economics?
- Exciting opportunity to join the Valuing Sustainability Future Science Platform
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s leading scientific research organisation!
The Valuing Sustainability Future Science Platform (VS FSP) is a substantial new 5-year investment in cutting edge research by CSIRO that will recruit several post-docs who will be embedded diverse inter-disciplinary research teams. The VS FSP aims to co-produce future pathways, measures and indicators to underpin sustainable innovation and prosperity for current and future industries and communities.
Within the VS FSP, the ‘Sustainability Science Scaffolding’ project will conduct cross-cutting research on co-production and interoperability across diverse knowledge and data systems, and, for this postdoctoral position, developing and understanding the approaches and institutional designs needed to improve the directionality of innovation.
Your duties will include:
- Carrying out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Recognising and utilising opportunities for innovation and further development and application of social-ecological systems models.
- Working with project stakeholders and collaborators to design research questions, implement research activities and evaluate outcomes
- Producing high quality scientific papers suitable for publication in peer reviewed journals, and internal and external reports. Prepare appropriate conference papers and present those at national and international conferences as agreed with their supervisor.
Location: Canberra, ACT (Brisbane, QLD considered)
Salary: AU$89k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area such as science, technology and innovation policy studies, systems science, social and economic studies of innovation, political economy studies, institutional and evolutionary economics, or similar.
Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (full-time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Experience of conceptual and or empirical studies that explore the conditions and choices that enable innovation and direct it towards different impacts.
- High level written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally, including the presentation of research outcomes at national and international conferences.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
To be eligible to work in CSIRO you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
12 December 2021, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 12 Dec 2021
- AU$89k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Research & Development