Finance Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
- Open to Graduates! Multiple positions.
- An opportunity to start your career in CSIRO, Australia’s national science agency and innovation catalyst!
- Flexible working conditions and available in multiple locations!
CSIRO are seeking multiple Finance Officers to join the finance team in supporting a wide range of CSIRO research activities. As the Finance Officer you will develop a diverse set of skills and capabilities as you partner and support the Financial Management of the CSIRO Business overall.
You will have the opportunity to support stakeholders across financial management, in which you will develop a wide skill set to deliver across the Finance Service Catalogue which includes data analysis, reporting & compliance and other the transactional elements.
Join the Finance function in an exciting time as they undergo a transformation journey to improve its support of CSIRO. The transformation will help us work towards achieving our Finance vision & ambition and improve efficiency, compliance and user experiences.
Your duties will include:
- Supporting the Financial Management Team and the Stakeholders to provide accurate and compliant financial records for routine activities.
- Providing financial reporting capability for areas and activities of less complexity, including standard monthly management reports, ad hoc reports, compliance reports and reconciliations.
- Preparing project financial acquittals on contracts based on complexity, as well as providing support and advice to programs/projects including O2D, reviewing planning and costing as required (budgets, financial performance, transaction detail etc.)
- Ensuring data integrity through quality control and attention to detail.
- Supporting asset management during the transition period of Finance Transformation.
- Support the Finance Transformation activities such as asset management and contributing to projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Undertaking financial accounting tasks with a strong focus on statutory compliance, assist with the monitoring of revenue forecasts and project progress against the revenue recognition drivers.
- Where required, oversee the sites and management cost centres by providing high quality, informed, timely advise and analysis to ensure the effective planning, budgeting, monitoring, forecasting and control of cost centre performance.
Location: Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide and Hobart
Salary: AU$66k - AU$84k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be considered you will need:
- Recently or Working towards tertiary qualification in accounting and/or relevant work experience in a financial management and business partnering environment.
- Knowledge of systems (eg: SAP, Dynamics, Microsoft Office) and processes to enable stakeholders to achieve their responsibilities around project and financial management.
- Ability to positively collaborate and work with a variety of teams (both inside and outside Finance) and stakeholders.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be appointed to this role you must be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen, or an Australian Permanent Resident currently residing in Australia.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
28 Novemeber 2021, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 28 Nov 2021
- AU$66k - AU$84k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: