Research Finance Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Australian Catholic University (View other jobs from this organisation)
Research Finance Officer
- Manage Research Grants across ACU Portfolios
- Ensure compliance with accounting principles and organisation financial regulations
- Full-time continuing position based in North Sydney
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research leads ACU’s research intensification strategy and is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the ACU Research Portfolio, including research and research training. The Office of the Deputy Vice- Chancellor Research is responsible for the University’s research strategy framework, policies, governance, research data analysis and reporting, research contracts and funding management, research committees, and research staff performance.
The Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research, collaborates with the faculties in implementing the strategic research direction of the University and provides the financial and administrative framework to support research excellence. This includes supporting researchers in the submission of external grant applications, research ethics approvals, research contracts and post-award management, and through research training workshops including HDR supervisor training. The financial and administrative functions aim to foster excellence in research and raise the research profile of the University.
As the Research Finance Officer you will:
- be responsible for effective management of research awards, ensuring compliance with accounting principles and aligned to organisation financial regulations
- support the Research Finance and Grants (Post-Award) Manager in the financial management of research grants across many ACU Portfolios
- liaise with internal and external partners and stakeholders to develop effective working relationships in support of research excellence
- identify processes and policies that can be improved in order to streamline procedures, manage resources and mitigate risks.
To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate:
- relevant tertiary qualifications and extensive relevant experience working in a university, public sector or similar research environment; or equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills and a high degree of attention to detail
- proven ability to use initiative, investigate issues, collect and analyse data to make recommendations
- ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- experience in managing research data by using data management systems.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
Total remuneration valued to $101,110 - $109,431 pa, including salary component $85,440 - $92,471 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 7), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Kely Kirwan - Research Finance and Post-Award Grant Manager, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) (02) 9739 2858.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Apply via the ACU careers page via this link:
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 17 March 2019 at 11:55pm (AEDST)
- Closing Date:
- 17 Mar 2019
- NSW - North Sydney
- $101,110 - $109,431 pa,
- Work Type:
- Full Time